Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3.5 dash car picture

gillyallan

It's not worth it if it doesn't show individual wheels.  You can activate DDS with FoCCCus that's almost as good without needing sensors that break when you have tyres changed lol.
I did wonder about this. Generally on my old cars without this the tyre places ask...new valves and balance, but guess I need to say no to the valves now and check they are working when they're done with me. Does it warn you they've failed ?

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

I did wonder about this. Generally on my old cars without this the tyre places ask...new valves and balance, but guess I need to say no to the valves now and check they are working when they're done with me. Does it warn you they've failed ?

They are easy to break when the tyre is removed or replaced so the fitters should be more careful when they know there are sensors in there.  If they break you'll usually get a permanent deflation warning, as if the tyre was flat.  Not sure how you'd know which one is broken if it doesn't split them on the dash though, might say on diagnostics.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah, that's good to know.  So far I've had a sidelight and front fog out lol! :laugh:

It's not worth it if it doesn't show individual wheels.  You can activate DDS with FoCCCus that's almost as good without needing sensors that break when you have tyres changed lol.

Thanks for that. I certainly dont have any flat warnings on the dash atm. Drove a 20 mile round trip on an almost flat tyre without realising about 3 months ago...

No additional hardware needed? I'm guessing it uses the abs sensors to check if one wheel is spinning faster than another like the traction control?

Thanks tomsfocus. Just out of curiosity how do they work. Is it bluetooth?

1 minute ago, gillyallan said:

Thanks tomsfocus. Just out of curiosity how do they work. Is it bluetooth?

Ford TPMS use 433 Mhz wireless iirc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil21185 said:

Thanks for that. I certainly dont have any flat warnings on the dash atm. Drove a 20 mile round trip on an almost flat tyre without realising about 3 months ago...

No additional hardware needed? I'm guessing it uses the abs sensors to check if one wheel is spinning faster than another like the traction control?

Yep, exactly that. Uses ABS sensors and ABS ECU so no additional stuff needed - was the same on the mk2, never did understand why it's not just activated from the factory.  

If you have FoCCCus it takes literally seconds to add it.  On mine it wouldn't work straight away, but Iantt suggested resetting the ABS ECU (just clicking a button on FoCCCus) and it's worked fine ever since. :smile: 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Ford TPMS use 433 Mhz wireless iirc.

Yeah, same sort of system as the keyfob.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Yep, exactly that. Uses ABS sensors and ABS ECU so no additional stuff needed - was the same on the mk2, never did understand why it's not just activated from the factory.  

If you have FoCCCus it takes literally seconds to add it.  On mine it wouldn't work straight away, but Iantt suggested resetting the ABS ECU (just clicking a button on FoCCCus) and it's worked fine ever since. :smile: 

Not to hijack, but I've just tried this and I get a tyre pressure system malfunction message. Also when I start the engine it tells me the hill start assist feature isn't available. Any ideas?

1 hour ago, Phil21185 said:

Not to hijack, but I've just tried this and I get a tyre pressure system malfunction message. Also when I start the engine it tells me the hill start assist feature isn't available. Any ideas?

Reset the abs ECU as said lol... :wink:

Done that. No change...

20 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Done that. No change...

It's the other button under ABS, 'reinitialize' or something.  

There's reset ecu and initialise ecu. I tried both :)

Tried both and still the same? :unsure:

Mine was exactly the same messages but was fine after resetting.  

Edit - does it give you a choice of Tpms or DDS on the CCC?  If so you need DDS.

• Like 1

Yep. I'll try it again when I have the chance. I restored it to backup settings as I had to get back to uni...

You're all brave messing about with these settings. I'm scared at moment to do an official sync update lol.
Would be amazing to sit for half an hour with an actual tech to see what goodies they could unlock for us all.

23 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

You're all brave messing about with these settings. I'm scared at moment to do an official sync update lol.
Would be amazing to sit for half an hour with an actual tech to see what goodies they could unlock for us all.

depends on model, age etc. i retrofitted and enabled dds, hill assist, autolights/wipers,  parking sensors with display in screen, reverse camera, sat nav, auto locking on speed etc etc. 

theres not much you can just "enable/unlock" 

• Like 1

Brave or stupid? :whistling:

Back in the day I used to flash cheap or copied remaps with a Chinese cloned galletto...  Using FoCCCus and a decent elm cable to fiddle with central config feels far safer! :laugh:. Besides, we all save a back up for if it does go wrong.

I've activated DDS and auto locks on mine.  And changed the tyre size when I swapped wheels over.  Also activated cruise control on the mk2 with ELMConfig but that required extra parts of course.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Brave or stupid? :whistling:

Back in the day I used to flash cheap or copied remaps with a Chinese cloned galletto...  Using FoCCCus and a decent elm cable to fiddle with central config feels far safer! :laugh:. Besides, we all save a back up for if it does go wrong.

I've activated DDS and auto locks on mine.  And changed the tyre size when I swapped wheels over.  Also activated cruise control on the mk2 with ELMConfig but that required extra parts of course.

forgot cruise and speed limiter retrofit and enable on my prevoius post. 

• Like 1

Nothing to do with this of course but was surprised my 17 focus went back to a conventional temp gauge rather than the electronic one I had in my 14 fiesta.

may have normal gauge but it doesnt act like an old fashioned gauge. on mine it shows normal temp(90c)  when coolant temp is 45c all of a sudden, not gradual with temp increase.  

this is normal operation, not a fault. 

Never noticed that but I don't really see the point of the temp figures for every day folk. Just generally sitting in middle is normalish.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club