Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3.5 dash car picture

gillyallan

You know the little electronic pic of car within speedo area that shows what lights you have on. Doors open etc. Does the car alert you to bulbs being out? or not as clever as that ?

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Not that clever [emoji57]
A pity.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

Ahh yeah pity.
Thanks anyway.

Yet again Ford are behind the times...Vauxhalls have had bulb failure warnings since the 90s! :sad: 

• Like 1

Yet again Ford are behind the times...Vauxhalls have had bulb failure warnings since the 90s! :sad: 
You'd think it would be fairly easy as it senses a current drop. Even if not pinpointing the exact bulb (cough...tyre pressure monitor doesn't either) but just say check ur bulbs.

If it's a canbus system it tells you which lamp is out, and depending on which version of the TPS you have it tells you the pressures and which wheel

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Not all of them model and trim dependant, my Truimph 1300 and my Dolomite had bulb warnings in the 70's 

• Like 1

If it's a canbus system it tells you which lamp is out, and depending on which version of the TPS you have it tells you the pressures and which wheel
I think on my 17 plate titanium it says in manual that it just flags one is low. Certainly only see one reset and no values to be seen.

1 minute ago, gillyallan said:

I think on my 17 plate titanium it says in manual that it just flags one is low. Certainly only see one reset and no values to be seen.

If it's the basic type which senses of the ABS it does just say low pressure

5 minutes ago, pragmatix said:

Not all of them model and trim dependant, my Truimph 1300 and my Dolomite had bulb warnings in the 70's 

True but I'd expect a Focus Titanium to have them on Mk2, let alone mk3!

Didn't realise they'd been around on 'normal' cars for that long though, first one I had with warnings was a '98 Vectra B...only issue was it kept saying they were out when they weren't lol.

It should be TPMS on a 17 plate shouldn't it?  Do you have metal tyre valves or normal ones Allan?

Mine are standard dust caps

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

True but I'd expect a Focus Titanium to have them on Mk2, let alone mk3!

Didn't realise they'd been around on 'normal' cars for that long though, first one I had with warnings was a '98 Vectra B...only issue was it kept saying they were out when they weren't lol.

It should be TPMS on a 17 plate shouldn't it?  Do you have metal tyre valves or normal ones Allan?

The TPMS valves can look normal now, not always metal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

Mine are standard dust caps

It's the actual valves that are different, not the caps.  Though I've confused myself there anyway, the Ford ones aren't metal.  On the valve itself, there is a ridge around it if it's a TPMS one.  

• Like 1

Just now, TomsFocus said:

It's the actual valves that are different, not the caps.  Though I've confused myself there anyway, the Ford ones aren't metal.  On the valve itself, there is a ridge around it if it's a TPMS one.  

Some of the TPMS valves Ford use are metal. My ST has metal ones.

• Thanks 1

I'll have a look

2 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

The TPMS valves can look normal now, not always metal.

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Some of the TPMS valves Ford use are metal. My ST has metal ones.

I give up... :laugh: 

I thought the legal requirement was for TPMS on all new cars from 2014 on but didn't even get that right, just checked and I see they allow both DDS and TPMS within that requirement.

I give up... [emoji23] 
I thought the legal requirement was for TPMS on all new cars from 2014 on but didn't even get that right, just checked and I see they allow both DDS and TPMS within that requirement.
My valves have a single ridged line around them about 1/3 down but the black plastic caps look like everyday ones.

To add to above this would be typical if I've missed out again. When I bought my previous 14 plate fiesta apparently earlier cars hasd tyre pressure sensors but were moving to new type. Mine was built in the inbetween period and got none lol

8 minutes ago, gillyallan said:

My valves have a single ridged line around them about 1/3 down but the black plastic caps look like everyday ones.

Forget the damn cap. :tongue:   Yes that single ridge on the valve is for TPMS sensors so the car should be able to see them individually but may not give you that info on the dash, I don't have sensors so don't know, just DDS on mine.    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-Tyre-pressure-control-sensor-TPMS-B-Max-C-Max-mk2-Focus-mk3-Kit-of4/232146217842?hash=item360cfe2b72:g:ilEAAOSwcUBYLXPx

Check your reg on etis and it'll tell you if you should have sensors or not.  It's worth knowing for when you have tyres changed.

ridge on tyre valves means it has sensors inside each wheel . the focus dash doesnt indicate which wheel. but a bit of common sense looking at tyre should indicate which one. lol

• Like 2

Yeah gather this now however as earlier on in thread it looks like a missed opportunity to include that and the bulb failure in the little car graphic.

Would have been cool but not end if the world.

bulb failure should work on stop lamps, low beam and rear fog lamps with a message in cluster. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh...that would be good then. Ta

Is it possible to retrofit tpms to a mk3? Obviously with some CCC finagling?

14 hours ago, iantt said:

bulb failure should work on stop lamps, low beam and rear fog lamps with a message in cluster. 

Ah, that's good to know.  So far I've had a sidelight and front fog out lol! :laugh:

17 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Is it possible to retrofit tpms to a mk3? Obviously with some CCC finagling?

It's not worth it if it doesn't show individual wheels.  You can activate DDS with FoCCCus that's almost as good without needing sensors that break when you have tyres changed lol.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club