Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My current problem馃檮

KODY BAREHAM
聽Share

Hi there bought my Ford Fiesta Zetec 1.25 mk6 blue edition in September now, haven鈥檛 been driving it much as I鈥檓 still a learner, anyway I went to get in it the other day to practice and I had a Powertrain lamp on (a gear with a ! Inside) and the car was ticking over irregularly and sounding like it was missfiring, shortly after this happened the lamp went off when the car was switched off and left to sit for a few days, come to use it again today and it was all fine, then the Powertrain lamp came back on and it ticked over iregurarly again etc, shortly after that I had a engine management light come on... then when I went to put the car back it had entered limp mode... any ideas what this could be ?? I read it could be throttle body sensor that could of corroded while it has been sitting around, would anyone have any ideas??聽

I aprecciate any kind of help at all, thanks in advance.

Kody

order a obd reader Wifi and download a free app called EOBD facile, that will tell you 100% what it is and will keep you in pocket as a garage will charge you an arm and a leg for diagnostics. you can then go in and say this is the problem fix it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WiFi-OBD2-ELM327-Bluetooth-Car-Scanner-Android-iOS-Torque-Auto-Scan-Tool-OBD-II/253337133047?epid=8013413435&hash=item3afc11dff7:g:AhIAAOSwmphaR41p

• Like 1

Hi mate just ordered one of those and I will see how it goes, thankyou very much for you help聽

Best to buy a handheld and a bluetooth version and use Torque app with a Error Code lookup table its the best on the market and only 拢2.49.

Everyone should have an obd reader in their glovebox!

OBD800 handheld unit is pretty good!

The smartphone bluetooth versions are harder for beginners to use - even setting up the bluetooth can be a nightmare!

I can highly recommend the new one the VS890

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Universal-All-Car-Fault-Reader-Code-Scanner-Diagnostic-Tool-Obd2-Can-Reset-Tools/17014014187?iid=182484585045&_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D43781%26meid%3Dd12a1def7aa04143a065a03ad515ee04%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D6%26mehot%3Dag%26sd%3D142564543028%26itm%3D182484585045&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

Obd_Handheld_Live_Data_15-09-15 (1).jpg

You're better off with a modified Elm327 (around 拢15 from Tunnelrat)聽and Forscan ideally. It's the best you will get and has the highest chance of pulling a code (usually with specific details) without spending thousands on IDS. Specifically designed for Fords and can do most functions you will need without taking it to a dealer.

• Like 1

Yeah but its always out of stock Luke!

It also presumes the user has a laptop or Tablet or smartphone that can run OTG although I have never tried it on either so no idea if it would work!

You also need to install Silicon labs drivers - for newbies this can be a bit of a palaver and can get a bit hairy thats why a handheld is just plug and not pray!

lol

http://scantoolcenter.com/obd2-scanners/vgate-scan-tool-maxiscan-vs890-obd2-code-reader-diagnostic-tool-review/