Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK1.5 Air Con O Ring

Msc1

Hi, in my long quest to restore my MK1.5's Air Con, today it was discovered the source of my leak was the connection near the AC dryer. Nitrogen test discovered bubbling at the seal so will need to undo it and clean it off, as was told reason for leak was most likely calcium build up and/or O Ring failure. 

Obviously want to replace the O Ring, which I'm have a little trouble sourcing. Seems to be a few on the bay but I don't know which one to punt for.  Hoping someone can help me find this O ring? It's green in colour and I have attached a pic of it.

Also open to any more tips around this job! Plan to brass brush it to clear the crap off. 

Cheers

Screenshot_20180315-195709.png

I was going to check Microcat for you but my copy keeps crashing.

TBH, there is more than one O ring in the system and as you say there are loads to choose from on eBay.

I'd suggest you go to a dealership and get all the Finis codes for every o ring on your system and then search eBay or the web by those numbers.

Bound to be cheaper than from the dealership unless they do a pack.

Best to replace all rings at the same time to avoid blowing an older one on repressurisation.

• Like 1

Right, Microcat back up and running.

Diagram shows all seal locations-

5ab04d6313172_Mk1AirconSystem.jpg.4cfbb95950ffc5f4dac0a85e519e687b.jpg

HR1 is Finis code 6918663 (15.67mm x 1.93mm) & approx £2.00.

HR2 is Finis code 3956589 (8.75mm x 2.0mm) & approx £1.50.

HR3 is Finis code 6753636 (12.93mm x 1.86mm) & approx £1.00.

HR4 is Finis code 4105339 (10.16mm x 1.85mm) & approx £3.00.

For the seals on a full system you need 1x HR1, 1x HR2, 2x HR3 & 2x HR4.

• Like 2

You sir, are an absolute legend! Exactly what I have been looking for. Thank you!

Just a query on your Micocat - are you running it on Windows 7 or XP?

• Like 1

I'm running it with XP Pro using a VMWare emulator.

If I had Win7 32bit then I wouldn't need

to run XP but my system is 64bit and Microcat won't run under 64bit.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hello
Sorry about hijacking your tread. Am I right in think this microcat is a parts catalog for Ford cars??

This leads me to my next ? How do I go about getting a copy of it??

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

So. Replaced all the O-Rings, but the ones I took off were not green and slim but like a dark purple colour and quite fat on the pipes connecting to the condenser and the one that connects to dryer.

Not a problem I thought, probably just stretched and squished over time. Fit the new ones, got it regassed today. Immediately started hearing hissing from those pipes when pressure was introduced. Luckily my A/C guy had O rings matching those I took off in his stash, and successfully sealed, vacuumed and regassed the system.

Very weird, no idea why my particular Focus seems to have slightly different O-rings than the norm! The actual cause of the leak was the calcium build up on the pipe on the image above and as suspected, but the condenser was in terrible condition so changed that also so hopefully will have glorious A/C for the summer. So anyone in this situation - have a look at your O rings on your current system before ordering replacements!

On 3/21/2018 at 11:28 PM, MUNK19 said:

Hello
Sorry about hijacking your tread. Am I right in think this microcat is a parts catalog for Ford cars??

Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is available on the internet. I'm sure the rules do not allow us to be more specific as it is a commercial piece of software.

5 hours ago, Micro said:

It is available on the internet. I'm sure the rules do not allow us to be more specific as it is a commercial piece of software.

On 21/03/2018 at 11:28 PM, MUNK19 said:

I'm pretty sure there's a guide on here on how to download it using the Russian Rutracker Forum. Quick search should bring it up.

Before I re-imaged my PC I was using Windows 10 with Microcat running on Windows 8 (32-bit) on a virtual machine. I still haven't got around to copying that virtual machine over lol.

• 2 years later...

In rutracker they only have microcat north america 2018 do you guys know where i can find 2020?

2 hours ago, Martin0201 said:

In rutracker they only have microcat north america 2018 do you guys know where i can find 2020?

I thought it went to web based software a few years ago (much like autodata and HaynesPro). 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 2:51 PM, Luke4efc said:

I thought it went to web based software a few years ago (much like autodata and HaynesPro). 

Yes it should be based now on Snap-on EPC 5. In rutracker they have Snap-on EPC 5 for Kia for now. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club