Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loud noise from my Ford Focus

ryan2032

Last year i had a loud noise coming from my ford focus, got a garage to look at it and from the invoice it says he replaced A/C drivebelt and pulley, this fixed the noise until now. The same noise is back and it is just constant apart from it gets louder every time i accelerate. Surely this can't be the same problem? Any ideas?

Last year i had a loud noise coming from my ford focus, got a garage to look at it and from the invoice it says he replaced A/C drivebelt and pulley, this fixed the noise until now. The same noise is back and it is just constant apart from it gets louder every time i accelerate. Surely this can't be the same problem? Any ideas?

does it do it only with ac on and does it do it when stationary could very well be the same belt or it could be the tensioner starting to go does the focushave an autio tensioner for the ac belt i dont know it could simply be needing adjusted

does it do it only with ac on and does it do it when stationary could very well be the same belt or it could be the tensioner starting to go does the focushave an autio tensioner for the ac belt i dont know it could simply be needing adjusted

The noise usually starts straight away when the engine starts and is continous but is louder when i accelerate than stationary. On the occasional time it might not happen when the engine starts it will start making the noise about 30 seconds down the road.

The noise usually starts straight away when the engine starts and is continous but is louder when i accelerate than stationary. On the occasional time it might not happen when the engine starts it will start making the noise about 30 seconds down the road.

best to get it checked out could be the tensioner if its a belt thats on it

best to get it checked out could be the tensioner if its a belt thats on it

A friend of mine had this problem and believe it or not it actually turned out to be the cam belt wearing away and rubbing on the side of the block! This would all tie in with the louder noise when accelerating etc. Take of cam cover have a quick look and spin the pulleys over by hand to rotate the belt round.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club