Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foot Ache?

JWFiesta

Hey guys,

just got myself a MK7 fiesta Zetec S in panther black.

Love the car so far but am having a bit of trouble with an ache/dull pain in the top of my foot where your foot connects to your ankle.

My old car was a Golf MKV and had the long type pedal that pivots from the floor and the Fez has the pedal that pivots from the top (obviously).

Im wondering if is the muscles/tendons/ligaments getting used to holding the foot in the same position over the accelerator for a substantial amount of time?

Just wondering if anyone else has had this after getting the car and how they resolved it!.

I have already got the seat back as far as it will go and have it set up perfectly for me but still no real joy.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry to hear your trouble. I am 6ft5 and have no issues with the fiestas, positioning or aches from accelerator or clutch use.

Maybe it is just down to an age thing, that affects me the most, maybe a trip to the GP if things don't settle down.

Good luck.

I’m guessing because I’m not a medic.Your foot is obviously not being supported like it was in the past and your foot movement is going to be slightly different.Probably over time your ankle and foot muscles will gradually strengthen and the ache will disappear.Annoying I know ,I seem to remember I had the same with a stiff clutch in slow traffic.

Thank you both very much for the replies! 

I'm only 23! Haha. I learnt to drive In a focus and then practually went straight to the golf, so over 4 years, 3 and a half of them have been in the golf!  

Hopefully it's a sort of muscle memory issue and my muscles will become accustomed to the new positioning!

I had similar issues, cruise control helps massively if you're doing distances, not much you can do around town though.

Tom,

Did your issue go away or subside at all?

My ZS isn't fitted with Cruise ,  personally I would never use cruise anyway unless as you say I am going to be doing a long haul!

1 minute ago, JWFiesta said:

Tom,

Did your issue go away or subside at all?

My ZS isn't fitted with Cruise ,  personally I would never use cruise anyway unless as you say I am going to be doing a long haul!

I use cruise everywhere, soon as I'm on an open stretch of 30/40/60/70 I'll stick the cruise on, couldn't be without it now and is one of the main criteria I look for in a car.  I still get the same issue if I do a lot of town driving or hard driving where I'm constantly between the brake and throttle.  It's weird as I can walk for miles without any ankle joint pain (the pain is elsewhere when walking lol) so it must be to do with the pedal angles, mines a Focus not a Fiesta btw.

Is it your left foot that aches? If it is could just make sure you've positioned your seat so that you can press the clutch and you still have some bend on your leg. Another thing is taking your foot off the clutch. Obviously do this when your on an open road and the car in front is at a good distance so you have enough time to react incase anything happens. If you have a dead pedal then that makes it better. 

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I use cruise everywhere, soon as I'm on an open stretch of 30/40/60/70 I'll stick the cruise on, couldn't be without it now and is one of the main criteria I look for in a car.  I still get the same issue if I do a lot of town driving or hard driving where I'm constantly between the brake and throttle.  It's weird as I can walk for miles without any ankle joint pain (the pain is elsewhere when walking lol) so it must be to do with the pedal angles, mines a Focus not a Fiesta btw.

Very odd! Strange how it only flares up when driving and not during exercise!

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

Is it your left foot that aches? If it is could just make sure you've positioned your seat so that you can press the clutch and you still have some bend on your leg. Another thing is taking your foot off the clutch. Obviously do this when your on an open road and the car in front is at a good distance so you have enough time to react incase anything happens. If you have a dead pedal then that makes it better. 

No, only on the right leg, I have the seat set up so there is a minor bend in my leg at full clutch depression, sadly, even at this position the right leg is at a fairly steep angle

Oddly I started to suffer from similar, but not in a Focus, in a Leon, it never used to happen so either the seat has worn or I just can't get the seat in the correct place.  Took me a year to get the seat right in an E30 BMW years back, but once I learnt how to get it right for me it was fine..

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club