Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone actually managed to update Sync 1.1

IllogicalCpt

Hi everyone, I have been trying to update Sync 1.1 on a 2014 Ford Focus and not having much joy, I'm using a memory stick which has hosted my music (wiped) and the car read it fine, downloaded the files from ford.co.uk from my vin and unzipped it to my USB stick, turned on the car, plugged it in and all I get is "the installation file cannot be found" and it's driving me nuts!! I did check the auto install file and noticed that there was an error where it was referencing a file that didn't exist, corrected it and it's still broken...

Anyone got any ideas??

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

format of the USB stick?

pretty sure the reason you can't copy the nav sd card is because its using Linux to stop fiddly fingers getting up to no good

Yeah, are you sure the stick is FAT32?

just got sister's chassis number and downloading, the file is massive WF0CXXGAKCEG62452.zip    750 meg !!!

Installing the software

Simply prepare your USB flash drive, then download and unpackage the software to the drive. Follow the instructions below to install the software on your vehicle and update your SYNC system.

These instructions will help you update your SYNC 1.1 system to the latest software version. The USB update is installed on the system via the SYNC menu.

The USB update procedure must not be interrupted and the engine must be running throughout the update process to ensure a constant power supply for the duration of the update.

During the update process, settings for bluetooth paired devices may be deleted, you may need to pair your mobile devices again.

Approximate time to update: 20 minutes

File size: Can be up to 2GB

• FULL DETAILS.

Please download the file to your computer and prepare the USB flash drive as follows:

1. Please ensure your USB flash drive has a capacity of at least 2 GB

2. Please format the USB flash drive prior to the update to FAT/FAT32 format (no exFAT/no NTFS)

Note that formatting will remove any data stored on your USB flash drive

To unzip the file, you can use tools such as WinZip, WinRAR and 7zip

How do I format my USB flash drive?*

3. Locate the downloaded file on your computer

4. Unzip the files onto the highest level (root directory) of your USB flash drive

5. Safely remove the USB flash drive from your computer and enter your vehicle

6. Turn on the vehicle’s engine to ensure a constant power supply for the duration of the update process

7. If you have start/stop control, switch it off to ensure the engine is running continuously

8. Switch on the radio

9. Connect the USB flash drive, containing the update files, to the USB port of your vehicle

10. Press Menu and select ‘SYNC-Settings’ with the OK button

11. Press the down arrow to navigate to ‘Install on SYNC’ and select it

12. ‘Begin SYNC installation’ is displayed

13. Select ‘Yes’ using the le so key

14. ‘Installing SYNC file’ is displayed, followed by ‘SYNC is rebooting’

15. You will hear a voice prompt stating the installation is in progress

16. At this point the ‘SYNC-Settings’ menu will be displayed for the next 20 minutes. Please don’t press any button or turn on the vehicle during this time

17. When the installation has finished, you’ll hear a voice prompt. This states the installation is complete and the system will restart again.

18. Then ‘Installation Complete’ is displayed and it will take around two minutes after this for the system to resume normal operation

19. When your update has finished installing in your vehicle, it will create a log file (on your USB flash drive). Please use the upload page to send the log file and we will know if your system installation has worked

• Like 1

format of the USB stick?

pretty sure the reason you can't copy the nav sd card is because its using Linux to stop fiddly fingers getting up to no good
Yeah it was formatted to FAT32 and followed those instructions, like I said the memory stick is one that I have used for.music in the car so I know it is read ok by the car, I did wipe.all the music off it so the car doesn't get confused but still no joy...

did you have the engine running?  low battery would cause a headache.  how far did it get ?

I'm having the same problem actually, after checking for updates for my car. 700+mb download...

2 files, one folder:

install.lst

autoinstall.lst

and Syncmyride folder with some .cab files in it.

car says it cant find the install file.  FAT32 drive, engine running etc etc.

EDIT:  got it working.

Open install.lst in notepad.  If everything is on one line, break it as follows:

; Assembly Directive Install for Gen 1.1 16B - E1BT

[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]

Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF

Open1 = SyncMyRide\8L2T-14D546-AF.cab

Item2 = E1BT-14D546-EB

Open2 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-EB.cab

Item3 = E1BT-14D546-JC

Open3 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-JC.cab

Item4 = E1BT-14D546-DB

Open4 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-DB.cab

Item5 = E1BT-14D546-AA

Open5 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-AA.cab

It isn't necessary to have a space between lines, just make sure each entry is on a separate line.

Bear in mind that the file names may be different on your update, I don't know.

Mine is updating as we speak =]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

unzipped it...

as above 2 files and a folder syncmyride at 733mb

the big folder is a .sec  not .cab     E1BT-14D544-AN.sec     plus 6 .cab files

WOW the update is from 9 March 2018

which probably means its faulty and why no one can load it

Might be a different one than I successfully installed. As I say, adjust the install.lst file as I've described.

There is a .sec file but most are cabinet files. Seeing it's a windows based OS, it's not surprising that it uses windows based files.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

oh...  I didn't realise what you put first time out... so you are saying the install file is muddled, sort it out and it works NICE

just looked yes, I guess all they did was miss out lots to spaces and it stops it running (files all look same as yours...)

Ive downloaded the 5.11 update file from a link on here, but when the update runs it says there is not enough space or the device is not compatible?????

I only want to run the latest sat nav card 

Sounds like you have sync 1.0 maybe? 

Yep I got the message on the screen saying it was complete.

It does take about 20 mins after telling it to update and it finding the files and sync freezes while you do it.

I can't say I've noticed any difference. I was kinda hoping for a few more versatile voice commands, or a passthru command to access the phones own voice commands but I couldn't find a changelog so have no idea what the update was for (not very wise tbh!)

I'm having the same problem actually, after checking for updates for my car. 700+mb download...
2 files, one folder:
install.lst
autoinstall.lst
and Syncmyride folder with some .cab files in it.

car says it cant find the install file.  FAT32 drive, engine running etc etc.

EDIT:  got it working.
Open install.lst in notepad.  If everything is on one line, break it as follows:
>; Assembly Directive Install for Gen 1.1 16B - E1BT[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AFOpen1 = SyncMyRide\8L2T-14D546-AF.cabItem2 = E1BT-14D546-EBOpen2 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-EB.cabItem3 = E1BT-14D546-JCOpen3 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-JC.cabItem4 = E1BT-14D546-DBOpen4 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-DB.cabItem5 = E1BT-14D546-AAOpen5 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-AA.cab

It isn't necessary to have a space between lines, just make sure each entry is on a separate line.
Bear in mind that the file names may be different on your update, I don't know.
Mine is updating as we speak =]

SUCCESS!!
Thanks for this, when I initially went through this I opened the file in wordpad, not notepad which showed it as it should be, separated with returns, so I left well alone, open only in notepad though and it's all on one line, separated it out and success!!

I have attached the other error I found in the autoinstall.lst file in a picture, Item2 is detailed with KB (which doesn't exist) and the open line details KC, I don't know if it needs it but I did update this also.d24051123c3e94ed5bef9e9f0162a49f.jpgfea314e60fc6c00e5e40950b4fb3d03f.jpg

Glad it worked for you! Notice any difference?

Glad it worked for you! Notice any difference?
Nope, not a thing! [emoji23]

On 16/03/2018 at 6:15 PM, Botus said:

format of the USB stick?

It's using linux to stop fiddly fingers.... The SD Card has some form of copy protection on it but using a Linux based operating system will not prevent copying.

If anyone wants the files I used:

WARNING: - I accept no responsibility for any problems you encounter in using these files.

These were the correct files for my car to update SYNC 1.1 to v5.11 - the correct files for your car may be different.  Check on the ford website and enter your VIN to be sure.

This is just the firmware that SYNC 1.1 runs on - you will still have SYNC 1.1, for those that are not familiar with things like this.

This file is about 1.3Gb so I hope you have nothing better to do for a few minutes!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fxs0EfdmciiCioOuuOZfNK6jEHA7NRIf

• Thanks 2

It doesn’t use Linux, it runs a version of Windows Mobile. 

• 1 month later...

did this update today, struggled it get it to run as this part can't be on the same line

; Assembly Directive Install for Gen 1.1 16B - E1BT [Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]

this too needs to be on separate line like the other files in the faulty install.lst file

; Assembly Directive Install for Gen 1.1 16B - E1BT

[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]

Once I'd sorted that (which I stupidly didn't pick up when it was clearly written above !)  It takes 20 mins to run, then the screen goes back to radio display, 2 mins later you get install complete message on screen, a minutes later it reboots in the background and 2 mins later its ready to go 

now

IMG_1151.JPG.ef27ad704eb54044eb59f74e397fc8f3.JPG

was

IMG_1150.jpg.d4bc4c1117df1e05ca4d5e38319e3831.jpg

IMG_1153.JPG.4c3528cabc25a7d4debdbbd1841e9c99.JPG

On 18/03/2018 at 2:12 PM, Phil21185 said:

Yep I got the message on the screen saying it was complete.

It does take about 20 mins after telling it to update and it finding the files and sync freezes while you do it.

I can't say I've noticed any difference. I was kinda hoping for a few more versatile voice commands, or a passthru command to access the phones own voice commands but I couldn't find a changelog so have no idea what the update was for (not very wise tbh!)

Hey just a pointer incase you've not tried it, if you have an iPhone and updated to 5.11 then you will have had the Siri eyes free update! if you hold your voice command button it should bring Siri up on your car!  Your update messages in your other thread helped me get this installed So I hope this helps you :)

• Like 1

Thanks for this little nugget of info! Sadly I'm on android (which to be honest I'm not sad about at all!) So maybe this will work for Google now as well?

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 2:51 PM, CHUDNET10 said:

I have attached the other error I found in the autoinstall.lst file in a picture, Item2 is detailed with KB (which doesn't exist) and the open line details KC, I don't know if it needs it but I did update this also.fea314e60fc6c00e5e40950b4fb3d03f.jpg

On this particular oddity I didn't follow what you changed / renamed / updated?

My thought is... its correct and it says find file xxxx kb and replace with xxxx kc.cab

If it is correct and you rename xxx kc.cab to kb I guess it doesn't update, as can't find the file?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club