Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone actually managed to update Sync 1.1

IllogicalCpt

9 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Thanks for this little nugget of info! Sadly I'm on android (which to be honest I'm not sad about at all!) So maybe this will work for Google now as well?

Im fairly certain it does, my friend who has a Fiesta with the same sync version has google now working if he holds the VC button so I wanna say yes but I think you'll have to try it and find out! :D

Quick question, will update the maps on the nav?  I have downloaded this update tonight using my VIN on the Ford website to ensure I've got the correct files.  After reading this thread though I'm guessing all it does is update the software and not the actual maps on the nav?

This update only updates the APIM (SYNC) module and  has nothing to do with the map material. The map material is on the SD-card. If you want the latest map material you have to replace the SD-card for the latest (2018) version.

On 5/9/2018 at 11:46 AM, JW1982 said:

This update only updates the APIM (SYNC) module and  has nothing to do with the map material. The map material is on the SD-card. If you want the latest map material you have to replace the SD-card for the latest (2018) version.

Ok thank-you for this.  I've updated the SYNC software this evening to 5.11, cant actually tell any difference to be honest.

With regards to the SD card, is there any cheaper way to update the SD card than paying Ford £81???

10 hours ago, ChrisFoster1uk said:

Ok thank-you for this.  I've updated the SYNC software this evening to 5.11, cant actually tell any difference to be honest.

With regards to the SD card, is there any cheaper way to update the SD card than paying Ford £81???

Neither could I, though someone mentioned that holding the voice button now operates the phones own voice control on iPhones...

Yeah, eBay but beware of fakes.

I also tried to update Sync om my car. But I get the message that installation file is not found

I downloaded the files from ford.co.uk (although I live in another country) and then I edit all files based on what everybody said in this topic.

Bellow you can see the content if install.lst, autoinstall.lst, root USB and folder SyncMyRide.

I do not see anything wrong. Does anybody se?

Thank you!

image.png.887655d217707d19c0712e62e268034c.png

image.png.bfd8046623f30bc4c69c98ebe7b38bf2.png

image.png.142981aa43d13033353633a611ee8cc0.png

image.png.b18ce69009b1ad0d2881648019e13c19.png

Have we confirmed you are supposed to edit the second install file ?

I can see the idiot's compression tool stole some formatting in the first install file when it was wrapped.  But it shouldn't have renamed the contents in the second !!! 

as I put in an earlier post, I think the main update is to swap from xxx.kb.cab to a later file NOW named xxx.kc.cab

I left it as

[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]
Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF
Open1 = SyncMyRide\8L2T-14D546-AF.CAB
Item2 = E1BT-14D546-KB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-KC.CAB

and the update installed correctly and the unit works

The other point.... you need files related the unit in the car.  I think the downloads can be region specific... and if u had a unit headunit in a car with foreign chassis plate could that throw it in a tantrum?

Thank you Botus for the reply. There was this post to change the KB file but nobody said do not do it. As you said it was not confirmed either :).

Regarding the region, in my country there is no option on ford site to download the updates. The menu language is english and I did the download based in VIN. So I supposed it fits.

I think two people on this thread have said it worked by only correcting Ford's error in one file. A third said he found an anomaly in the second install file, but only inferred he did something with it and then nothing about if it then installed and or worked afterwards.

Perhaps he edited the right file (and modified the install file) with an old name, thus he either has what Ford intended (but he now has an odd file name for a car with this update) or it never applied the later data in xxx.KC.CAB

I would hope if you went by chassis number (from any Ford download site) it would get the right stuff for the original head unit the car came with.  try the first tweak only and see how you get on?

I will try with the original autoinstall, thank you for the quick answer.

Just one more question to be sure 🙂

This updates only the APIM module right? I replaced my 4.2" screen with the 5" with navy. All other parts of the head unit (radio, APIM) are the same.

Hi all,

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread.  I've yet to see if it's fixed but I've been having issues with my Sync 1.1 (B-Max) being unable to connect with my deviceds every three weeks or so.  I have to resort to removing and reinstalling the Sync fuse to get it going again.  Went to my local dealer (my car is still under warranty) and they said they could check if I needed an update to the software and then they could installl it for me - for a cost of £115.00

!!

So, did some searching here, downloaded the software package, made the adjustments to the install.lst file mentioned earlier and went and sat in my car with the engine running for 20 minutes while it updated - Success! 

Now to wait to see if it fixes the issues.  While I'm waiting I'll count up my £115.00 in used notes...

Gaz

Most of that £115 will pay for a mechanic to sit in your car, drinking tea, waiting for the update to complete...

Thieves.

3 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Most of that £115 will pay for a mechanic to sit in your car, drinking tea, waiting for the update to complete...

Thieves.

we dont just drink tea!! coffee , hot chocolate and cold beverages. lol

Yeah it's the biscuit crumbs on the customers seats you gotta watch!

I thought you only got oily boot marks round the footwell trim, scuffed bumpers, a few carpark dents in the doors, 10k miles worth of clutch wear and kerbed alloys, didn't know you get crumbs too

4 hours ago, Botus said:

I thought you only got oily boot marks round the footwell trim, scuffed bumpers, a few carpark dents in the doors, 10k miles worth of clutch wear and kerbed alloys, didn't know you get crumbs too

Ahh you must have been having the deluxe services...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi,

Can anyone advise how to register Ford account in the uk? i am looking to check for updates for Sync. Focus 2011 WF0KXXGCBKBC51105. Any info would be much appreciated

Thanks .

53 minutes ago, ILR75 said:

Hi,

Can anyone advise how to register Ford account in the uk? i am looking to check for updates for Sync. Focus 2011 WF0KXXGCBKBC51105. Any info would be much appreciated

Thanks .

i think your car will have the older bluetooth system rather than sync with it being a 2011 plate.

yes, i have just read this on another page, thanks for the reply.

VIN says no sync on this 😞

I now have most parts of a sync 1.1 system for sale if anyone is interested?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, i have just successfully updated to 5.11 (was a little worried as i have previously updated sync using the ford india site)  and can confirm the holding the voice button on the steering wheel now brings up google assistant, I can finally ask it to open an app or navigate me home using google maps.

p.s i also had to separate the lines on the install file

Thanks for everyone who has contributed to this thread 

(sorry for gatecrashing this thread)

Finally the update worked.

I cannot say what was it didn't like. I took again the files from ford site and update only the install file, but still didn't work with a 16 GB USB stick.

Than I used another USB stick (4 GB) and the files from Phil21185's post, as the file names where the same as the ones I downloaded.

In this way it worked.

Thank you for all the info.

On 5/22/2018 at 9:24 AM, James Blond said:

Finally the update worked.

I cannot say what was it didn't like. I took again the files from ford site and update only the install file, but still didn't work with a 16 GB USB stick.

Than I used another USB stick (4 GB) and the files from Phil21185's post, as the file names where the same as the ones I downloaded.

In this way it worked.

Thank you for all the info.

Feel free to hit that big ol' thanks button on my post !😄

Glad you got it working anyway. I think the best change, which I didn't get much chance to try before updating to sync 2, is the long hold of the voice button to access Google assistant/ siri.