Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone actually managed to update Sync 1.1

IllogicalCpt

Do not bother. Spotify stopped the support for SYNC Applink (and many other connectivity systems) last Year. 

21 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

Do not bother. Spotify stopped the support for SYNC Applink (and many other connectivity systems) last Year. 

Is that right?  I didn't realise....

So for Spotify, what's the recommended approach - bluetooth, USB or something else?

10 hours ago, RoDawg said:

Hi all,

I came across this thread in the last few days while looking for help online with updating my 2015 Ford Focus to the latest SYNC software (I believe this should be SYNC 1.1).  I haven't been having any luck getting it installed (despite all the advice previously given) so I contacted Ford directly today via their live chat.

Can anyone here with more knowledge on this topic confirm this please?

I think its fairly clear, the first files they offered in early 2018 had the install code muddled up in one file... if you split it out it worked

then in a post just recently, it suggests there is now code tags in the later release of the same files (released this year) but it still doesn't work....   and as you can't see the code tags in notepad you don't correct it.  BUT open in wordpad with tags (or whatever the name is called) enabled and its displays the junk code tags so you can delete them

Delete the junk, split it down on to the correct lines of code and it'll run

I have both sets of files I didn't try the later idea... but I may tomorrow

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Botus said:

I think its fairly clear, the first files they offered in early 2018 had the install code muddled up in one file... if you split it out it worked

then in a post just recently, it suggests there is now code tags in the later release of the same files (released this year) but it still doesn't work....   and as you can't see the code tags in notepad you don't correct it.  BUT open in wordpad with tags (or whatever the name is called) enabled and its displays the junk code tags so you can delete them

Delete the junk, split it down on to the correct lines of code and it'll run

I have both sets of files I didn't try the later idea... but I may tomorrow

Thanks, I'll take a look at this later - but if Ford are saying the only software update available from their site is specific to SYNC 3 (and my Focus has SYNC 1.1, v 5.8 from what I can gather) then changing the code tags won't make any difference as the software update wouldn't be compatible anyway?

you can download the files for sync 1.1  from the ford site (NEVER expect a dealer to have ANY idea what they are talking about....   for any brand of anything)

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/ford-sync-1-1-help   you need the chassis number input further down the page

I just looked if you open in word its all on the right rows (but contiguous in notepad) if you save in word as docx then change the file name to .ist you'll get lots of garbage as u add xml detritus, if you then save as plain text ( .txt ) they go away

• Like 1

Hi there,

I am confused, should I leave the synmyride folder on my usb stick, plus the 2 x files on there?

The USB stick is formatted to FAT32 and the voice on the sync in my car is saying that the installation file is not in the root directory.

The instructions on ford say there is 2 x folders once the file zip file has been extracted, but there is only one folder. 

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Lee The Van
typo

how difficult is this.... I did it, it wasn't hard once you correctly edit the messed up install.lst file

download the file from ford's site (u need the chassis number), unwrap, expand, unzip, decompress, call it what you want you get two text files and a folder with stuff in it....   edit the messed up install.lst file and if I read point 4 leave all folders out, putting all the files (2 text files ending .lst, 6 cab files and 1 sec file) on the stick and install them with the engine running.

4. Unzip the files onto the highest level (root directory) of your USB flash drive

does that say anything about folders?   ( I could be wrong, I don't remember....) the .lst text files definitely sit on the drive NOT in folders. the other 7 files are either in a folder or not, one way works one doesn't (just need to do the opposite if it doesn't run)

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have tried all of the above without any luck. I have tried 3 different kind of USB's: 2Gb, 4Gb and a 300Gb usb drive and still no luck. I get the information that if dont have enough space or this version is not fit for my Ford despite I used my serialnumber to get access to the files.

When I look at my System info I get the following data: CCPU: EE101a25.8.14092_sp0.0_product WMCU: Vector_VMCU_04.00.08 FPN: E1BT-14D454-AE ESN: ER7J0511

So am I already on 5.11? or 1.01? I dont have any Siri options when using my phone...

thanks.

• 2 months later...

Hi All, looks like this topic has been open a while but maybe some of you will be able to help.

I’d like to update my sync 1.1 to the latest firmware but I can’t find anywhere to download the firmware. When I put my VIN into the ford website it says something went wrong please try later. Does anyone know where I could find another source? Thanks 🙂

type the numbers and characters correctly… especially check if zeros or a character

I used the site to check 4 times never an issue, it works if you have a UK car and input the number correctly

1 hour ago, Botus said:

type the numbers and characters correctly… especially check if zeros or a character

I used the site to check 4 times never an issue, it works if you have a UK car and input the number correctly

Thanks for the reply, I’ve definitely entered it correctly, I used the same number to register on the ford site and it brought up all the correct details of my car

maybe the site is down

just pasted in the chassis number I know is correct and its having a moment

9 minutes ago, Botus said:

maybe only has updates for sync 1.1  -  did u try here (a link via the sync 1 page) same link I think.  it the car an official UK car?

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/

Yeah that’s the page I tried thanks. Its An official UK car bought directly from a ford dealer. The below image shows the message I get

652EFA72-06F1-4390-B0D1-31015B7E30E7.jpeg

Managed to get the update from Ford today. Going to try to install it this evening, looks like there are no issues with the spacing in the install file so fingers crossed it works first time 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

Just successfully downloaded the update from: https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/update#/instructions/sync/

The folder is 733MB. The two install files have to be opened in "Notebook" then saved. There is no need to change anything. Incidentally, it took me 3 hours to discover this. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/19/2018 at 9:19 AM, Phil21185 said:

If anyone wants the files I used:

WARNING: - I accept no responsibility for any problems you encounter in using these files.

These were the correct files for my car to update SYNC 1.1 to v5.11 - the correct files for your car may be different.  Check on the ford website and enter your VIN to be sure.

This is just the firmware that SYNC 1.1 runs on - you will still have SYNC 1.1, for those that are not familiar with things like this.

This file is about 1.3Gb so I hope you have nothing better to do for a few minutes!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fxs0EfdmciiCioOuuOZfNK6jEHA7NRIf

Do you still have these files?? linky no worky 

its is extremely risky to download any old file- as you have no knowledge of what's actually there...

ford make the software available - and if keeping thing std best to get them from the genuine source  

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/ford-sync-1-1-help

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello guys,

I have a Focus 2013, and this car came used from germany and I cant change the voice or language settings on the phone.

Everything else is in english.

From Ford website, they say I have the latest software, so I cant re-install this in order to put everything in English.

Is there any other way to correct this?

Thanks

If the language can not be changed from German to English your car must be a very early (2011) MK3 with the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system. 

Very early MK3 versions did have the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system with a module that only contains 1 language. To change the language on this system the module needs to be replaced.

From approximately 2012 the MK3 did still have the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system but with a newer type of module that contains all available languages. When changing the instrument cluster language the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol language also changes automatically.

From approximately 2013 the MK3 did have the SYNC 1.0 system. Modules of this system contain a language pack that includes 3 different languages. The language packt that contains German also contains English. When changing the instrument cluster language the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol language also changes as long as the module supports the selected language.

From approximately 2014 the MK3 did have the SYNC 1.1 system. Modules of this system contain all available languages. When changing the instrument cluster language the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol language also changes automatically.

Thank you JW1982,

It seams that what I have is the MK3 2013. I have found it in english ! Thanks.

Is it possible to upgrade it to SYNC 1.1 to have all available languages?

Since I'm in Portugal would rather have it my native language, although now I'm WAY BETTER ! 

Thank you once again !

• 2 months later...

Hi there !

I am not sure what Sync I have in my Kuga from 2014. It seams that it is Sync 1.1 but I am not sure.
Is there a way to find out?
I updated Sync with the files from Ford, everything went well but I missed the final message saying that update is complete.
If I am looking to Sync information I see next:

CCPU:
EE101aZ5.8
.14092_sp0
.0_Product

VMCU:
Vector_VMC
U_04.00.08

FPN:
E1BT-14D54
4-AE

ESN:
ER6P2746

Is the above info showing that I have the last version?

On another hand I see that Sync apps is completely usefulness as I can not find any app to be used (I am on android).
It seams that FordPass is a paid application, Spotify does not work and Waze is only on iOs.
Is there any other useful app which can be used?

I have English language and I feel comfortable with it but I am curious if it is possible to have it in Romanian. Please tell me how to change the language if it is possible.

Thanks !

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I've just followed this guide on my Ecosport with Sync 1.1, I just get the message about no files found.

I've opened the Code in Notepad++ and everything is fine, Each line on a line,no weird stuff at the end of the lines.

I've tried all the Cabinet Files in the SyncMyRide Folder and out of it. I'm thinking I'm missing something here

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 6:20 AM, bombicri said:

but I missed the final message saying that update is complete.

CCPU:
EE101aZ5.8
.14092_sp0
.0_Product

VMCU:
Vector_VMC
U_04.00.08

FPN:
E1BT-14D54
4-AE

ESN:
ER6P2746

my sisters Focus came out differently 

was

IMG_1150.jpg.d4bc4c1117df1e05ca4d5e38319 

changed to

IMG_1151.JPG.ef27ad704eb54044eb59f74e397

so I would guess yours in between those...  check you should also find this screen

IMG_1153.JPG.4c3528cabc25a7d4debdbbd1841

to me yours look to be a 2014 set of files... mine updated to 2016

6 hours ago, Ecosport_Fordy said:

Hi Folks,

I've just followed this guide on my Ecosport with Sync 1.1, I just get the message about no files found.

I've opened the Code in Notepad++ and everything is fine, Each line on a line,no weird stuff at the end of the lines.

I've tried all the Cabinet Files in the SyncMyRide Folder and out of it. I'm thinking I'm missing something here

are they on the stick correctly ….    I think the one I updated did this, I struggled it get it to run as this part can't be on the same line

; Assembly Directive Install for Gen 1.1 16B - E1BT [Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]

this too needs to be on separate line like the other files in the faulty install.lst file

; Assembly Directive Install for Gen 1.1 16B - E1BT

[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]

Once I'd sorted that (which I stupidly didn't pick up when it was clearly written on page one !)  It takes 20 mins to run, then the screen goes back to radio display, 2 mins later you get install complete message on screen, a minute later it reboots in the background and 2 mins later its ready to go 

Hi, 

It's on a separate line, I'll see if I can screen shot it in a little bit

I've now tried it as exFAT, FAT32, FAT, NTSC

I've tried unpacking the files from the folder and amending the code to match too, I'm stumped

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club