Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone actually managed to update Sync 1.1

IllogicalCpt

if its supposed to have the update (check the ford site with your chassis number...) then the only thing wrong is the way your PC / tool unzipped the file (seems Ford think it unzips without garbage when it doesn't) and or the tool you opened and edited the file with didn't work out.  Word pad shows extra garbage to throw away.  Or the files are muddled on the stick

install.lst junk_ all_from_ the_ space.txt

have tried every variation posted here, and elsewhere online, and still arrive at (no 14) the point where it indicates 'no installation file found'. used 2 usb (min 2gb) drives, formatted both as required, unzipped files using winrar, checked name of root file and individual files as mentioned somewhere here, checked structure to meet what people have said is necessary etc etc

and still no success (oh, and there is def an update after entering vin number on fords site).

decided not to waste anymore time on this, and maybe maybe if I ever need to book it into the main ford dealership, I may ask them to update the software!!! but as it's version 1 and my warranty ran out in 2017 (have a 2014 fiesta), and sync appears to be working ok, why should I waste anymore sleep over this!

can someone confirm how the files should sit on the USB stick....

I forget, but I think you have a clean large USB drive...  then put the two .LST files on the drive and then everything else sits inside the folder

the update tweaks how it works and adds better security - my sister still hates me for updating hers 

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I had been trying to update following all of the guidance on this page with no luck and think I might have found the issue. It appears that ford have updated the code and it is all now correct. I had been rushing into the sync menu to update, always hearing the "installation file cannot be found" message. I got in the car, inserted the USB, checked it had registered in the "media" section then waited around 5 minutes. Went to update, and it worked!! Maybe it takes time to recognise the files due to the size?

Hello

if I could have the install.list file corrected to be really sure not to have errors I would be delighted
because I have everything and no positive result
many thanks in advance

its above in post from 1 Jul .....    both are simple text files... but ford change the file extension to .LST  one was historically muddled....

I'll download the files again and try it again 🤦‍♂️ 

Hi all,

So I thought I'd add my own experience to this diabolical situation. I tried all of the advice given here, and nothing worked for me.

On my 10th and final attempt, it occurred to me that it might be PATH related, so I did this:

; Assembly Directive Install for Gen 1.1 16B - E1BT

[Windows Mobile for Automotive 5.8]

Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF

Open1 = \SyncMyRide\8L2T-14D546-AF.cab

Item2 = E1BT-14D546-EB

Open2 = \SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-EB.cab

Item3 = E1BT-14D546-JC

Open3 = \SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-JC.cab

Item4 = E1BT-14D546-DB

Open4 = \SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-DB.cab

Item5 = E1BT-14D546-AA

Open5 = \SyncMyRide\E1BT-14D546-AA.cab

Notice the extra '\' (backslash) before the PATH to the .cab files.

This resolved the 'FILE NOT FOUND' type error in the car, and SYNC was updated over the painfully slow 20 minute period with little to no user feedback on progress. Quite unnerving.

Whether it was worth it or not, don't know. It certainly didn't fix my problem whereby Spotify track titles don't show on the dash display. Ho hum.

Happy updating. Hope this works for other people too.

7 hours ago, tedrogers61 said:

it occurred to me that it might be PATH related, so I did this:

Notice the extra '\' (backslash) before the PATH to the .cab files.

so where did you have the files?

is everyone unpacking everything to the root of the drive....  (as in bung all the files straight on the stick)
If I remember correctly only the two install text files go on the route of the drive...  the rest stay in their folder (of course on the drive as well)

if you don't put them where ford said of course it won't find them....

• 1 month later...

1. install.lst bestand moet onderstaande inhoud hebben:

; Assembly Directive Install for Gen 1.1 16B - E1BT

Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF
Open1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF.cab
Item2 = E1BT-14D546-EB
Open2 = E1BT-14D546-EB.cab
Item3 = E1BT-14D546-JC
Open3 = E1BT-14D546-JC.cab
Item4 = E1BT-14D546-DB
Open4 = E1BT-14D546-DB.cab
Item5 = E1BT-14D546-AA
Open5 = E1BT-14D546-AA.cab

en autoinstall.lst bestand onderstaande inhoud

Item1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF
Open1 = 8L2T-14D546-AF.CAB
Item2 = E1BT-14D546-KC
Open2 = E1BT-14D546-KC.CAB

volg verder de installatie- instructie. Wanneer alles goed is gegaan wordt een logfile op je usb weggeschreven als xxxx.xml

succes

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Is there anyone who can provide me a download link for v5.11? Ford's site says that I have the latest versiom based on my VIN, but that's because my focus mk3 came with Sync 1.0, which I swapped with a Sync 1.1.

thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi All.

This is mad! Many thanks for all the information and experiences of others, great community.

I have tried several times after changing the  file targets that were wrong, (thanks to all the other members with tips to change the file targets as were wrong in the note pad, AND the spaces between the commands)

TBH it made progress, then after 5-8 mins said update failed, then re-booted. at least I have a working system, maps, phone, etc so happy for now, don't want to push my luck.

Great site for help and tips.

• 1 year later...
On 3/18/2018 at 2:12 PM, Phil21185 said:

I got the message on the screen saying it was complete.

I can't say I've noticed any difference. I was kinda hoping for a few more versatile voice commands, or a passthru command to access the phones own voice commands but I couldn't find a changelog so have no idea what the update was for (not very wise tbh!)

on hers it updated the phone book she hated me everyday for the next three years - till she scrapped the car over the need for a MAP sensor

it took her three usual callers first names and no longer understood these were the only ones she ever wanted to ring - instead asking Katie who or something and displaying three Katie's it found. with the one she wanted no longer top of the list...

I did point out to update her phone book record on the phone do differentiate all the names she'd input wrong

Anyone ever managed to update the non sync system the mfd one??

32 minutes ago, Morty1977 said:

Anyone ever managed to update the non sync system the mfd one??

what does this even mean ?

the MAPS (on a sync 1.1 system) are on an SD card that goes in a slot horizontally (not at a 45 degree angle where it like to return to and then doesn't function) that's almost hidden above the screen

ohh, can't remember - but I think as a consequence when running the current updates

on my sisters 2014 car - certainly after the update and then running 2018 maps she got the speed limit symbol display which is very handy (or maybe it was they were just not correct for the stupid changes to 20 mph and every 60 becoming a 40 zone in the last few years) and maybe speed cameras ?

1 hour ago, Botus said:

what does this even mean ?

the MAPS (on a sync 1.1 system) are on an SD card that goes in a slot horizontally (not at a 45 degree angle where it like to return to and then doesn't function) that's almost hidden above the screen

It's the non sync version of the ford audio mines a 2012 plate . It's the sony  head unit with sat nav slot  . I was wondering if the radio software could be updated

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone, I have downloaded, changed the 2 .lst files, formatted the flash drive to Fat32. The update starts to install and then I always get a message pop up saying Installation failed. I've done everything that I can think of but I must be doing something wrong. Please help?

20230702_221436_copy_319x425.thumb.jpg.19d4e0d96fcfeda9728882cad2af5618.jpg20230702_221203_copy_306x408.thumb.jpg.0e2cec52a605e72867ee9af5131a6d55.jpg

20230702_221450_copy_312x416.jpg

20230702_221500_copy_323x431.jpg

20230702_221444_copy_312x415.jpg

20230702_221205_copy_307x410.jpg

20230702_221509_copy_328x437.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club