CHUDNET10

Anyone actually managed to update Sync 1.1

Do not bother. Spotify stopped the support for SYNC Applink (and many other connectivity systems) last Year. 

21 minutes ago, JW1982 said:

Do not bother. Spotify stopped the support for SYNC Applink (and many other connectivity systems) last Year. 

Is that right?  I didn't realise....

So for Spotify, what's the recommended approach - bluetooth, USB or something else?

10 hours ago, RoDawg said:

Hi all,

I came across this thread in the last few days while looking for help online with updating my 2015 Ford Focus to the latest SYNC software (I believe this should be SYNC 1.1).  I haven't been having any luck getting it installed (despite all the advice previously given) so I contacted Ford directly today via their live chat.

Can anyone here with more knowledge on this topic confirm this please?

I think its fairly clear, the first files they offered in early 2018 had the install code muddled up in one file... if you split it out it worked

then in a post just recently, it suggests there is now code tags in the later release of the same files (released this year) but it still doesn't work....   and as you can't see the code tags in notepad you don't correct it.  BUT open in wordpad with tags (or whatever the name is called) enabled and its displays the junk code tags so you can delete them

Delete the junk, split it down on to the correct lines of code and it'll run

I have both sets of files I didn't try the later idea... but I may tomorrow

13 hours ago, Botus said:

I think its fairly clear, the first files they offered in early 2018 had the install code muddled up in one file... if you split it out it worked

then in a post just recently, it suggests there is now code tags in the later release of the same files (released this year) but it still doesn't work....   and as you can't see the code tags in notepad you don't correct it.  BUT open in wordpad with tags (or whatever the name is called) enabled and its displays the junk code tags so you can delete them

Delete the junk, split it down on to the correct lines of code and it'll run

I have both sets of files I didn't try the later idea... but I may tomorrow

Thanks, I'll take a look at this later - but if Ford are saying the only software update available from their site is specific to SYNC 3 (and my Focus has SYNC 1.1, v 5.8 from what I can gather) then changing the code tags won't make any difference as the software update wouldn't be compatible anyway?

you can download the files for sync 1.1  from the ford site (NEVER expect a dealer to have ANY idea what they are talking about....   for any brand of anything)

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/resources-and-support/sync-bluetooth/ford-sync-1-1-help   you need the chassis number input further down the page

I just looked if you open in word its all on the right rows (but contiguous in notepad) if you save in word as docx then change the file name to .ist you'll get lots of garbage as u add xml detritus, if you then save as plain text ( .txt ) they go away

Posted (edited)

Hi there,

I am confused, should I leave the synmyride folder on my usb stick, plus the 2 x files on there?

The USB stick is formatted to FAT32 and the voice on the sync in my car is saying that the installation file is not in the root directory.

The instructions on ford say there is 2 x folders once the file zip file has been extracted, but there is only one folder. 

Can anyone help please?

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by Lee The Van
typo

how difficult is this.... I did it, it wasn't hard once you correctly edit the messed up install.lst file

download the file from ford's site (u need the chassis number), unwrap, expand, unzip, decompress, call it what you want you get two text files and a folder with stuff in it....   edit the messed up install.lst file and if I read point 4 leave all folders out, putting all the files (2 text files ending .lst, 6 cab files and 1 sec file) on the stick and install them with the engine running.

4. Unzip the files onto the highest level (root directory) of your USB flash drive

does that say anything about folders?   ( I could be wrong, I don't remember....) the .lst text files definitely sit on the drive NOT in folders. the other 7 files are either in a folder or not, one way works one doesn't (just need to do the opposite if it doesn't run)

Hi,

I have tried all of the above without any luck. I have tried 3 different kind of USB's: 2Gb, 4Gb and a 300Gb usb drive and still no luck. I get the information that if dont have enough space or this version is not fit for my Ford despite I used my serialnumber to get access to the files.

When I look at my System info I get the following data: CCPU: EE101a25.8.14092_sp0.0_product WMCU: Vector_VMCU_04.00.08 FPN: E1BT-14D454-AE ESN: ER7J0511

So am I already on 5.11? or 1.01? I dont have any Siri options when using my phone...

thanks.