Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Refund for repairs relating to a recall

Mjlowe6

Hi all,

My mk3 Ford Focus Titanium X is in for the recall relating to the coolant system and it got me thinking,

I have had it in the garage numerous times for repairs and i was wondering if any of this could be related to the recall. I'm going to take all of my invoices to an independent mechanic that i know and trust to see if it is but was wondering if there is a policy in place that i can claim a refund for anything caused by the faulty system.

Any help will be much appreciated and i will keep this thread updated with how it goes as i have had over £2k worth of work done in less than 18 months!

Cheers

Mike

No.

No.

And no.

13 hours ago, Mjlowe6 said:

Hi all,

My mk3 Ford Focus Titanium X is in for the recall relating to the coolant system and it got me thinking,

I have had it in the garage numerous times for repairs and i was wondering if any of this could be related to the recall. I'm going to take all of my invoices to an independent mechanic that i know and trust to see if it is but was wondering if there is a policy in place that i can claim a refund for anything caused by the faulty system.

Any help will be much appreciated and i will keep this thread updated with how it goes as i have had over £2k worth of work done in less than 18 months!

Cheers

Mike

I suspect that you mean the 17S09 - 1.6L GTDI COOLING SYSTEM recall.

This recall is not a result of technical problems. 

The only reason why Ford arranges this recall is because of safety reasons (fire risk). A coolant leak can cause the cilinder head to crack. When this happens the engine oil can leak onto the hot exhaust and ignite. Despite being a very small risk Ford decided to eliminate it completely by recalling all affected vehicles worldwide. The recall basically consists of a low coolant warning system to generate an early warning message in case of leaking coolant.

The recall is no reason for warranty or refund for repairs that were performed in the past.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club