Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Climate Control Not Working

Timbo

Hi all,

I've recently purchased a 2009 Mondeo Titanium. The climate control does't work. I ran the self-diagnostic feature, but no fault codes came up. I'd appreciate any advice on where to look first!

Thanks

Tim

When you say it doesn't work do you mean nothing at all happens or the fan runs and no heating/ cooling, is it the dual air con or the single type?

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It's the dual zone climate control. I just get ambient to hot air. All the fan speeds and air direction flaps work though. I thought that it may just be low on gas, but wouldn't that show up as a low pressure fault?

Thanks

Tim

The aircon doesn't work in temperatures below 4c, if it's warner than that it could be low gas or the compressor problems, I would get the gas checked by a decent aircon engineer. It's best topped up manually rather than the auto machines used by the majority of fast fit centres, also it worth noting that the amount of gas required was increased at around 2009, I can't ember what the higher level was,, and I sold my Mondeo so can't look at the sticker under the bonnet.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I tried it yesterday when it was 15 degrees. my first thought was lack of gas, but I thought that there would be a code shown for low pressure.

Among the receipts that came with the car was one for £700 to supply and fit a new compressor in 2016! The car saw little use since then, so may just need a re gas.

Tim

If the car has not been used much then it may well need a regas, just hope the seals havnt dried out the downside of a car not being used much, I never turn the ac off, keeps it in good condition.

i hope you get it sorted

The engine cooling fan will start running first before Aircon will work, a common fault on the MK4 is a broken control wire or secondly no gas.

To check control to fan leave engine running whilst stationary and see if fan comes on  increasing engine temp, if it does then control to fan is ok, which then means likely to need gas refill.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem on a Focus years ago, got it regassed by Kwik Fit and it lasted a day......took it back to the dealer & turned out there was a tiny hole in the AC pipe.

Ok, I'm at a loss now. I checked the gas, which was low as expected, so I filled it up to the correct pressure. It hasn't made any difference. The compressor runs, the fan comes on, there are no fault codes displayed and it's still not cold. What now?? :sad:

• 2 weeks later...

To bring this to a conclusion, I took the car to a garage, to request that they empty and re gas the system. It works perfectly now.

Tim

6 hours ago, Timbo said:

To bring this to a conclusion, I took the car to a garage, to request that they empty and re gas the system. It works perfectly now.

Tim

Thanks for posting back, it might help someone else out in the future.