Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus st sync 1.1 update HEEEELP

loz13fost

Hi folks,

Im a noob so please be gentle

Ive got aa 2013 focus st with sync 1.1. I need a copy of the sync update file if anyones got it??? Has anyone successfully updated?

Can dl from ford update site as it tells me no updates available, but im only running v3.0.6

Thanks in advance

SYNC 1.1 was introduced in 2014.

A 2013 Focus MK3 does not have SYNC 1.1 unless it was retrofitted. In 2013 Ford installed the SYNC 1.0 system. The SYNC 1.0 system can only be updated by a Ford dealer. However because Ford stopped the support for the SYNC 1.0 system there are no recent updates available for the SYNC 1.0 system.

check the other post....    ford has own website u put in chassis number and it gives the download.... but the latest 1.1 from 9 march 2018 doesn't seem to want to load

2 hours ago, JW1982 said:

SYNC 1.1 was introduced in 2014.

A 2013 Focus MK3 does not have SYNC 1.1 unless it was retrofitted. In 2013 Ford installed the SYNC 1.0 system. The SYNC 1.0 system can only be updated by a Ford dealer. However because Ford stopped the support for the SYNC 1.0 system there are no recent updates available for the SYNC 1.0 system.

Mines def sync 1.1 with applink mate and not retro fit. 

2 hours ago, Botus said:

check the other post....    ford has own website u put in chassis number and it gives the download.... but the latest 1.1 from 9 march 2018 doesn't seem to want to load

I know but the site tells me no updates available, even tho its only running v3.0.6. All i want it for is so that i can use the later version of sat nav card

shouldnt need to update for later v sat nav card, also seems strange you having 1.1 with app link before it actually came out?

27 minutes ago, iantt said:

shouldnt need to update for later v sat nav card, also seems strange you having 1.1 with app link before it actually came out?

Dunno mate but its def 1.1. Ive got a 2017 card but the car wont read it. I know the cards good coz checked it on pc. Might just buy another but slightly different version see if that works. Worth a punt for 25 quid?

the latest card is v7, but if you bought from eBay, quite often they are copies and wont work. what working version card do you currently have? 

50 minutes ago, loz13fost said:

Mines def sync 1.1 with applink mate and not retro fit. 

Are you sure?

SYNC 1.1 has version numbers that start with V5.  (V5.11 is currently the latest). I have never seen a SYNC 1.1 sofware version number that starts with V3.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ford sync 1.1 software update JW1982

The type of APIM (SYNC) module can easily be determined by the part number. SYNC 1.0 APIM modules have a part number that starts with AM5T- or BM5T-. SYNC 1.1 APIM modules have a part number that starts with D1BT-, E1BT or F1BT.

Another easy way to check whether you have the SYNC 1.0 or SYNC 1.1 system is by using the bluetooth Audio functionality. SYNC 1.0 does not support MP3 track info on the FCDIM (display). If your car really has SYNC 1.1 it should display the MP3 track info when using the bluetooth Audio functionality the same way like it is displayed when playing from USB.

Yeah it def shows track info when playing music of phone. Voice control is on right arm of steering wheel not below it and only has one ok button

Ok now im confused. The apim no starts with am5t. Did sync 1 have applink vouce control etc? From everything ive read i was sure its 1.1 coz of the functionality etc??????

4 minutes ago, loz13fost said:

Voice control is on right arm of steering wheel not below it and only has one ok button

SYNC 1.0 and SYNC 1.1 both have the buttons in this position.

Only the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol based Focus MK3 versions did have the additional (cruise control switch style) radio remote.

So did they do a sync 1 with applink?

No, APPlink was introduced on SYNC 1.1

The SYNC 1.1 APPlink functionality is very limited. Initially there were several (Android and IOS) APPs available for the SYNC 1.1 system. Unfortunately most APP developers stopped supporting this system. Even Spotify stopped supporting the SYNC 1.1 APPlink system. The only APP that is currently supported is Glympse.

This is why im confused. Mines def got applink, which is why i thought 1.1???

SYNC 1.0 has the "SYNC Applications" option in the menu structure but this is not APPlink.

Many people are confused by this option in the menu structure.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club