Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FORD 1.6 TI-VCT 2011

montyray

FOCUS 1.6 TI-VTC 2011 LACKS POWER WHEN STARTING FROM COLD SWITCH OF ENGINE FOR A FEW MINUTES THEN RUNS FINE.SOUNDS LIKE LACK OF AIR. CAR FULLY SERVICED

NO FAULTS CODES SHOWING .ANY BODY ELSE HAD SAME PROBLEM. I

what's a lack of power feel like ?

if its undrivable not sure? but you should never rev a car past 3k rpm or use more than 1/3 throttle till its done 10 miles and reached full operating temp.

could it be the variable valve timing is engine temperature dependant on a later car ? 

1 hour ago, Botus said:

but you should never rev a car past 3k rpm or use more than 1/3 throttle till its done 10 miles and reached full operating temp.

I have never heard this and doesn't ring true.  Where did you get that idea from?  I've been revving my cars and flooring it straight after start up for years and not had any issues whatsoever.

its called mechanical empathy and an understanding that tolerances inside an engine are set up at operating temperature, plus thousands of other things I could waste my time explaining... abuse at other temperatures, using cheap oil and a lack of servicing whilst directly your choice, has an impact on the planet we all live on...... and one day your children won't be able too

ask a taxi driver why his car has done 600k miles and yours don't get past 50k

I think the established guidance is simply to not excessively rev the engine until it reaches normal operating temp.

to suggest a specific max revs for a specific minimum time is a bit rigid and not very realistic under real world driving conditions.

what happens if you want to hit the motorway 2 minutes after starting your car from cold ? drive around the block for another 8 mins ? lol

• Like 1

wind chill means it takes longer to warm up.... most cars can still do 65 and stay in the guidelines I gave

if it can't, you haven't bought the most sensible vehicle for your commute

7 minutes ago, biff55 said:

I think the established guidance is simply to not excessively rev the engine until it reaches normal operating temp.

to suggest a specific max revs for a specific minimum time is a bit rigid and not very realistic under real world driving conditions.

what happens if you want to hit the motorway 2 minutes after starting your car from cold ? drive around the block for another 8 mins ? lol

I've heard of restricting revs for motorbikes on for the first 600 miles  when I've bought new ones but this is new to me.  Like you say, not realistic under real driving conditions,just for example, the emergency services are revving cold engines hard every day.  Looking at ex police car sites they seem to last.

42 minutes ago, Botus said:

ask a taxi driver why his car has done 600k miles and yours don't get past 50k

as it happens, my car is on 157k, with no serious issues, so it's certainly done no harm in my case not that that i drive it hard on every cold start but occasionally do.

wind chill has absolutely no bearing on the time it takes for a engine to warm up

please stop talking a load of baloney.

OK you obviously know what your talking about

and it not just the engine, gearbox, diff, wheel bearings

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club