Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel filter

lloydyyy

My Mk6.5 petrol Fiesta is due for a fuel filter change. I think it needs changing every 80000-ish miles or every X number of years. I can get a Ford filter for £15.82 or a Mann filter from Euro Car Parts for £8. Bosch is a little cheaper at £7.70 but I figured for an extra 30p I may as well get the Mann filter.

Should I change my fuel filter more often or stick to the schedule in the Haynes manual? I can't remember what the schedule is.

Fuel filter isnt as much of an issue as it used to be.

I did a vid on opening up one - its pretty simple inside and doesnt really clog up in modern cars - the internal synthetic card  just absorbs any fuel impurities and oil.
The one I opened was on a Streetka and it hadnt been changed for 11 years and there was hardly any contamination at all inside.

Besides that the actual fuel pump has a gauze that filters out any large particles so the fuel filter never gets hit or blocked unless the fuel pump is damaged.

• Like 1

I might change the fuel filter anyway as it's a cheap part. My Fiesta has done about 87k miles and it's 10-years old so it's still on the original fuel filter and probably should be changed anyway.

Dunno a tenner is another box of nappies lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lloydyyy said:

I might change the fuel filter anyway as it's a cheap part. My Fiesta has done about 87k miles and it's 10-years old so it's still on the original fuel filter and probably should be changed anyway.

75k or 6 yrs is recomended interval

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nikstryker said:

Dunno a tenner is another box of nappies lol

or tampons 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iantt said:

75k or 6 yrs is recomended interval

I better change mine ASAP :laugh:

1 hour ago, iantt said:

or tampons 

I suppose I could go without for now :laugh:

I've yet to see a clogged petrol filter lol. 

Yeah the only thing that happens to petrol filter is they rust at the end seams and then leak!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nikstryker said:

Yeah the only thing that happens to petrol filter is they rust at the end seams and then leak!

This is the only reason I ever get the job of replacing them lol 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club