Some help removing key ignition lock assembly Mk2

Fordster1

Nice bit of work there.
Well done.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fordster1 said:

the picture below is of the codes that were found now,

That is great news. I am glad the other codes about battery voltage and B1342 did not return, they are probably just happened during the work being done. And even better news that the airbag is fixed. If it should return, you know where to look, and it is not very difficult to remove the steering wheel and clockspring unit to find and cure any cause.

Have you checked if the A/C works, as that seems to be what the remaining error code is about. But I doubt very much if it is serious or urgent.

Being able to diagnose RCM problems is something that, a couple of years ago, before I heard about Forscan, I thought beyond the DIY realm. It would be either trial and error through all the multitude of restraint & crash systems, or a pricey garage job. It is thanks largely to this site that I found out about the system.

Though I should add that all these diagnostic tools are only tools, they have limitations and downsides. All information from them should be combined with other, more traditional, diagnostics and tests. They are only as good as the car software and systems, which are far from perfect. As an engineer and programmer, I know all too well that no system is perfect!

• Like 1

@TDCi-Peter - Its funny you mention the Air-Con, I noticed that error code myself and had to laugh as my car doesn't actually have air-con. I thought it funny as the whole point of me doing all this Ecu swapping etc was to get the engine management light off due to the wrong Ecu that was fitted looking for features the car didn't actually have, as we know. And, then the first code I see when I eventually got ForScan working is relating to something I don't have. :P It appears the replacement Ecu I bought came from a car with air-con and I still have errors relating to stuff I don't have, lol . Luckily the a/c isn't an engine management light or any other light issue :)

Cheers to all that replied on this thread, and my other sub-threads all relating to this overall problem pretty much, Its a great forum ye have here, some very knowledgeable folk and very helpful folk too. I hope I can help other members in future, I'm sure the info in this thread will help others with similar issues.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club