Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6Ti-vct water pump change when cam belt done???

jace1969

As on the Title,a few garages says they will look at the pump and if ok it don't need doing as the belt don't drive it and being on a car with 27k on the clock

in most cases it will be fine and thats from a nice few garages.

Its about another £60 around about with it but apart from the money is it worth is for a 27k car.

55 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

As on the Title,a few garages says they will look at the pump and if ok it don't need doing as the belt don't drive it and being on a car with 27k on the clock

in most cases it will be fine and thats from a nice few garages.

Its about another £60 around about with it but apart from the money is it worth is for a 27k car.

It’s more ‘peace of mind’ than anything rather than ‘is it worth it on a 27k car’ and it’s a chance you take which is up to yourself. I didn’t get mine done on my focus when I had the belt changed, I didn’t get my mk6 fiesta done either when I had the belt done and didn’t get it done on a Vauxhall Cavalier when I had it’s belt done but I did have to change the water later pump as it started leaking.

12 minutes ago, Russ said:

It’s more ‘peace of mind’ than anything rather than ‘is it worth it on a 27k car’ and it’s a chance you take which is up to yourself. I didn’t get mine done on my focus when I had the belt changed, I didn’t get my mk6 fiesta done either when I had the belt done and didn’t get it done on a Vauxhall Cavalier when I had it’s belt done but I did have to change the water later pump as it started leaking.

Yes that's true its just knowing its done but knowing now that the belt don't drive the water pump that i did think it did so if it did go it wont take the belt just leak.

Just was seeing what people have done and if they would as ok the belt yes being rubber and wears through the years/mileage.

Just replace it.  A few quid now is much cheaper than a lot of quid later on.

If you've had the car from new and can thus guarantee the coolant has always been changed on the button, then leave it. 

• Like 1

Just replace it.  A few quid now is much cheaper than a lot of quid later on.
If you've had the car from new and can thus guarantee the coolant has always been changed on the button, then leave it. 
Yes I think your spot on,does the belt have to come back off to get to it as I ain't got a clue just know it isn't driven by the cam belt.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just had my cambelt done and told the mechanic to change the water pump as well .

When he got it striped down he found the original pump was leaking. Only a very small one mind you but surely to get worse.

Cars done 3200

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club