Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Making the windows come down with the key

JoBoy99

Should I be able to make my windows come down with my key, I've read places that if you have the one touch windows for driver and passenger windows you should be able to unlock the car then hold the unlock button and they should go down.

I tried this but it didn't work, is this something that should actually happen or not, if so, how?

cheers

Some models don't have it programmed, you can use a programme called Forscan to enable it.

6 minutes ago, JoBoy99 said:

How do I get/use Forscan?

It's a free download from here http://www.forscan.org/ you will also need one of these https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/USB_Modified_ELM327/p4541936_17045457.aspx and a laptop

FORScan is very good but be careful using it if you are t sure what you are doing, you could ‘brick’ the car completely.

i found on my Mondeo that you had to unlock the doors, then release the button and press and hold it again for it to work. U locking and holding the button in one long press wouldn’t do it.

Have you tried resetting the one-touch as per this topic? It's more likely you can solve this without having to plug into Forscan. I had to set mine up when I first got the car, possibly down to it being a new key.

Not all cars have  global opening and closing it does need setting up

I have never tried to open windows on my Fiesta X 2016 but have used the facility to hold down the lock position on my key to close all the windows if I have left one open.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, pragmatix said:

It's a free download from here http://www.forscan.org/ you will also need one of these https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/USB_Modified_ELM327/p4541936_17045457.aspx and a laptop

Cheers, will possibly try it in the future if nothing else works, but I don't want to ruin my car

15 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

FORScan is very good but be careful using it if you are t sure what you are doing, you could ‘brick’ the car completely.

i found on my Mondeo that you had to unlock the doors, then release the button and press and hold it again for it to work. U locking and holding the button in one long press wouldn’t do it.

I have tried doing it in one long press, one normal press then a long press and all the other ways round I could but nothing happened apart from a lot of flashing lights from the car locking and unlocking again

15 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Have you tried resetting the one-touch as per this topic? It's more likely you can solve this without having to plug into Forscan. I had to set mine up when I first got the car, possibly down to it being a new key.

Haven't tried resetting it, but I will do just incase it works, its worth a go, will get back with result later

So, I have tried resetting the windows and still nothing, I have read on other posts that you must have both the front and rear windows electric and with the one touch function, is this correct as if so, that is why, my rears are manual.

But, I have seen a video somewhere of a 5 door fiesta doing it but with only the front two windows being electric.

Cheers guys

Does anyone know if this works on the pre-faclift titanium 2011 or can it be done on it.

Also would it state it on Etis that i have it.

hi, I have a fiesta ST-line (2016), with FORScan and a ELM327 modified with HS/MS CAN switch I activated global closing (you can close or open the windows with the remote) and auto lock speed (door lock at 30km/h). My fiesta has only the front windows electric with one touch function.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club