Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FRUSTRATION!!!

Phil21185

Well, finally had a decent insurance quote for fitting a tuning box to my car, from Adrian Flux would you believe?!

I toddle off to DieselTuning to buy a Spider Arachnid Box - a few people have them on here and approve and I've wanted one for a while now!

Typically, the long-standing FOC 30% discount code is no longer valid and the price is now £450!

Ahh well....

No I don't want a Bluefin thanks!

38 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Well, finally had a decent insurance quote for fitting a tuning box to my car, from Adrian Flux would you believe?!

I toddle off to DieselTuning to buy a Spider Arachnid Box - a few people have them on here and approve and I've wanted one for a while now!

Typically, the long-standing FOC 30% discount code is no longer valid and the price is now £450!

Ahh well....

Although I'm happy with one of their tuning boxes on my MK2 1.8 TDCi, I only paid £85 thanks to eBay:biggrin:

For the increase in performance it's provided I'd be happy to pay up to £200 for one of their tuning boxes.  For much above £200 though, I think I'd also pay the extra for get a Bluefin or similar, frankly £450 is ridiculous IMHO for a tuning box that only connects to the fuel rail sensor (on mine at least).

As a side note in relation to technical support, I sent them 3 different emails/messages and not one was replied to :huh: (just something to bear in mind when potentially spending hundreds of pounds on something that you may well have questions about).

Why do you not fancy a Bluefin? I’ve only really heard good things about them tbh. Obviously it’s ‘each to their own’ and I’m not trying to tell you to get one, just wondering why. I’ve been looking into one for my focus and you get more for your money if it’s a powershift over a manual, but is there issues with them on the diesel focus?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1979Damian said:

Although I'm happy with one of their tuning boxes on my MK2 1.8 TDCi, I only paid £85 thanks to ebay. :biggrin:

Please don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Actually I won one on eBay for £225 but the guy has had it up for sale for months and said he couldn't find it...

11 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Why do you not fancy a Bluefin? I’ve only really heard good things about them tbh. Obviously it’s ‘each to their own’ and I’m not trying to tell you to get one, just wondering why. I’ve been looking into one for my focus and you get more for your money if it’s a powershift over a manual, but is there issues with them on the diesel focus?

I just like the idea of the flexibility of it and the ability to return to stock with absolutely no trace.

• Like 1

You can remove Bluefin afaik.  Have you got quotes for a custom remap btw?  Cost £150 on my mk2 which seemed expensive as I'd been paying £40-£50 for remaps on the older ECUs lol.  Didn't realise tuning boxes cost anywhere near that! :ohmy:

£450 for a tuning box? That's insane you can get a custom map for £200 as that's what I did but if removal is something you want then I suppose a box is the way forward

An extra £450 you could have bought a more powerful version to begin with...

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Jethro_Tull said:

An extra £450 you could have bought a more powerful version to begin with...

Yes, but put the insurance premium up £600 and tax up by £160...

I thought I had established that I'm not about to spend £450 on a tuning box! £300 maybe.

Bluefins are removable but afaik leave a flash count on the ecu. Also are based on a generic map.

Benefit of the spider is that I constantly monitors sensor readings and adjusts accordingly.

Actually I found out that DTUK (who only do an acceleration box for my car) and dieseltuning who sell the arachnid are the same company, based in hull...

...and you'll likely get the brakes and suspension to go with the extra power.

23 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Ahh well....

Hi,

Glad we could help out with your insurance.

Regards,

Dan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club