Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Budding Enthusiast
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Gav88

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • First Name
  • Ford Model
    Focus MK1
  • Ford Year
  • UK/Ireland Location
    Greater Manchester

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. I feel like I'm posting this in the wrong area so if I am, please let me know. I am trying to find out if anyone knows whether a standard cover for a pollen filter on a Ford Focus MK1 will fit over the housing if there is a water gutter attached to the cowling above. At the moment the car has got just an open air filter and a gutter to stop rain water getting into it as it runs off the windscreen. The cover is nowhere to be seen. I changed the filter recently as the last owner never did and it was full of leaves, insects and cavity wall insulation polystyrene balls...I am hoping that the
  2. Thanks both for all the advice, I really appreciate it! Fingers gets crossed that between you you've solved it for me! 👍🏻
  3. OK will give it a go, and let you know how I get on! Thanks again! 👍🏻
  4. Yeah I was shocked when I read that there were so many potential points for the leak! When you say the silicone plug, do you mean the plug that's already in the hole for the right hand screw? If there's a plug in there any idea how the water is getting in?
  5. Right, brilliant! That's perfect, will try everything you suggested and hopefully that'll be the end of the water feature in the boot! Thanks for your help mate.
  6. Brilliant! Thanks so much for this! That's my weekend booked up! When you say cluster seal are you meaning the seal around the light cluster itself that you can see on the exterior? How does the water get through the outer screw if there's a rubber grommet in there too? Do you know? Thanks again for this!
  7. Brilliant! Thanks so much for this! I really appreciate it. OK and on the photo, the rubber cluster seal...are you meaning the black circular bit where the wires enter the body of the car? Oh yeah if you have a photo that would be brilliant! I'm thinking it might be the lights because the right hand side has started to leak and that never leaked until I touched the lights...typical! But if you could upload the photo that would be brilliant! Thanks again!
  8. Williamweb, thanks for getting back to me! OK so on the picture I've uploaded, when you say outside screw are you meaning that furthest right hand hole before it gets to the actual boot space itself? In terms of the vent, is there a factory seal I can buy or not really? Is silliconing it the better option? With the outside screw did you silliconing that or is there a grommet or rubber washer that fits? Thanks again, I really appreciate it. As you can imagine not knowing where it's coming from is driving me mad. If I know I can fix it, but just seeing a puddle every time it rains is so frustrat
  9. I'm new here so I'm sorry if this is wrong place for this post but I'm after any help or advice I can get. I've got a MK1 Focus and after going through a car wash recently I was sorting stuff in the boot when I noticed that a rag I had in there was soaking wet...removing carpet and tyre I found a good inch of water under there! I've located the general area (read wettest) it's coming in from, the left hand corner of the boot, the passengers side. Lifting the carpet from the wall I could see that the water was mainly pooling in the "corner section". There's a square hole in the metal and
  10. Hi, I'm new here so I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place! I'm after any help and advice people can give regarding a leaking 2004 Ford Focus boot! I am aware that the usual suspect for this problem is the tail lights but I'm not exactly sure where abouts...having removed the tail lights I can't see anywhere water could feasibly get in. All the seals look good, and it's pretty much bone dry under there! Also, the water seems to be collecting mainly in the bottom left corner of the boot, where the corner panel joins onto the main body of the car, there's a lip there, ju
  • Create New...