I hope you are all well.
I am running a Formula Ford with a Kent 1.6 engine. (Standard cam/crank/lightened flywheel/dissy replaced with electronic ignition)
We have the standard 32/36 DGAV Webber and are suffering from a loss of around 16bhp in power.
I put this down to a number of factors:
1. Very poor cast Intake Manifold.
2. Reverse orientation of carb due to chassis shape
3. Oversize/ill fitting carb to manifold gasket
4. Jetting and carb set-up
Points 1-3 are being rectified but I was wondering if there is any tuning I can carry out in order to improve our power. All valves and seats including timing have been set accordingly.
We are allowed to change the following according to the rules:
2. Opening of venturi/throttle together
3. Remove cold start and diffuser bar
4. Fit anti-surge pipes
We are not allowed to blue print/polishing or reprofile the carb.
Any help would be appreciated I want to get the best out of our carb and engine.