• Announcements

    • Stoney871

      Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

      it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.

Woman Driver

Budding Enthusiast
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Woman Driver

  • Rank

Profile Information

  • Ford Model
    Focus 1.8 Zetec
  1. Glad to hear I might not be alone! Will be interested to hear what happens when you get the part refitted - otherwise it could be the brick - although will probably wait til autumn as I can live without it til them - and I might genuinely need a new one in the meantime :)
  2. Thanks - I was worried that might be the case, and did wonder whether if the glass 'broke' the insurance co. would replace like for like - so annoying as the dealer had even ordered in the screen and was ready to fit it when they decided it wasn't the original. It was only a year old when I bought it - my bad luck that it had already been replaced - and badly by the look of things.
  3. Hi, I'm new to the forum and hope someone can help - i've seen similar posts, but nothing that answers my specific question. The heated windcreen on my Focus does not work at all on the drivers side. Dealer was going to replace under warranty - then realised that it was not the original screen (must have been replaced before I bought it). So hubby took a look yesterday only to find the connector to the driver's side appears broken. One end looks like a thin flat piece of paper, with a circuit in it - looks like it has been torn and pinched by something. So my question is - can I replace this - or is this 'papery' connector something that is supplied with the screen? Thank you!