• Announcements

    • Stoney871

      Posting in General Chat thread.   11/11/2017

      it has been noted that too many Members are posting messages in the General Chat area instead of the correct Forums. Any messages posted in the General Chat area that are not General Chat will be deleted without warning and offenders may recieve warning points if repeated instances are seen from that Member. There are plenty of different Club areas that encompass 99% of Ford related posts, please select and use the correct one. If anyone is not sure of which area to post something then feel free to P/M myself or other Senior Staff for guidance. The Moderating Staff are having to spend far too much time chasing this problem instead of maintaining the other areas of the forum.


Budding Enthusiast
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About rocymru

  • Rank

Contact Methods

  • First Name

Profile Information

  • Gender*
  • Ford Model
    Ford Focus Estate
  • Ford Year
  • UK/Ireland Location
  1. Difficult to describe what I mean, but hopefully someone will understand. On the outside of the front windscreen, along the bottom edge, are 2 plastic trims with a dimpled effect. They look like they are designed to help water flow away from the windscreen in the rain. The one on the left has come loose. It seems to be held in place with some "clips", the male part on the trim clipping into the female part on the body. One of these is not working properly. It looks as if should be relatively easy to fix if I can find the right parts. However I don' t know what they would be called and where to buy them from. Can someone please help?
  2. Thanks for the feedback. For me a “4mm STRAIGHT PLASTIC Barbed Hose Joiner In Line Connector Fuel Air Silicone Rubber” work perfectly (it says 4mm but is actually 5/32 inch). I bought this on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140691935173?var=440043650796&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 and went for this option as it potentially has more grip that a straight edge version would. However is is quite a long connector and therefore you may need a shorter version is space is limited e.g “Aquarium Home Fish Tank 4mm White Air Tube Extender Straight Through Connector” which are available from ebay (or shops that stock aquariums) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Aquarium-Home-Fish-Tank-4mm-White-Air-Tube-Extender-Straight-Through-Connector-/150965365512?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Fish&hash=item23263cab08
  3. Hello I have a 2001 reg Ford Focus Estate. The "vacuum" tubing for the rear windsceen washer has developed a split, thankfully in an area where it should be fairly easy to repair. The plan is to make a clean cut in the tubing and buy a straight connector to join the 2 ends. However, I can't find out what the diameter of the tubing is and therefore what mm sized connector I should buy. Can someone please help (The tubing is black and looks like it has got some fibre threads bulit into it to strenghten it). Thank you
  4. Hello I am a newbie and would be grateful for some advice on some strange intermittent locking problems on our Ford Focus. There are many variations? Variation 1: Try to lock using remote and it locks then immediately unlocks, only way then to lock the car is to put the key in the passenger door and manually lock, also sometimes just waiting 5 minutes and trying again with the remote works OK. Variation 2: Car seems to lock with Remote OK but when you check the passenger door is unlocked. Variation 3: Car seems to lock/unlock OK, but around 5 mins into a drive your hear the sound of one of the doors unlocking, sounds like one of the back doors but not sure. Variation 4: Car seems to lock/unlock OK but as you are driving around have varied and random instances of door locks locking and unlocking! Thank you