Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Something Loose!

Loz Cheung

Hi all,

Noticed today that whenever i shut the door on the Fezza, that there's the sound of something loose from the engine bay.

Cant really describe it other than it being short, high pitched, and metallic so i tried to take a vid; it'll require the volume turned up a bit as it didnt get picked up that well!

tried to attach it here but it said i wasnt permitted to?

Opened up the bonnet, and the noise seemed to be coming more from the drivers side wheel area.

Will take it for a drive but was wondering if anyone else had this?

Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MacxvDEh-s&feature=youtu.be

Grab the spring and give it a wiggle. Otherwise push the wing so that car bounces on the front side where the noise comes from.

Sent from my LT30p using Ford OC mobile app

• 1 month later...

Located the culprit just after cleaning the car, appears to be this metal rod/tube!

Looks like it works it way round into what might be the intercooler - towards the back end of the engine - firewall/windscreen base side. thats all i can deduce it down to!

It says 'ST' on the label - im not sure if that indicates an ST only fitment/part too?

If you work your way down , theres a plug there that obviously comes short of its intended fitting as its just hanging there being useless !

Just drop it at the dealer of purchase and let the 'master mechanic' have have a look, it won't take alot of locating If you point It out to them.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Ford OC mobile app

Some pics for reference :)

post-18560-0-68067600-1401647988_thumb.j

post-18560-0-73091700-1401647989_thumb.j

post-18560-0-81799600-1401647990_thumb.j

• 6 years later...
On 6/1/2014 at 6:56 PM, Loz Cheung said:

Located the culprit just after cleaning the car, appears to be this metal rod/tube!

Looks like it works it way round into what might be the intercooler - towards the back end of the engine - firewall/windscreen base side. thats all i can deduce it down to!

It says 'ST' on the label - im not sure if that indicates an ST only fitment/part too?

If you work your way down , theres a plug there that obviously comes short of its intended fitting as its just hanging there being useless !

Did you manage to find a fix for this annoying sound? It has just started on my 2016 fiesta ST ..  

Hello. I had the same noise in my 2017 st and i found out that it was from the Air Condition Accumulator. As you can see in the picture it is fitted to the inside of the fender plastic guard. There are two bolts and you have to tight the small one (7mm). See the picture and ask me anything. If this bolt gets loose then the accumulator plays inside the mounting and does that chirping noise. You can access this bolt  if you lie down bellow the car.

IMG_20200516_172520.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club