Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Ka / Bluetooth

louelle1

Hi all

I have the new Ford KA Titanium with built in bluetooth and USB. I've only had it a few weeks and when I go to make a call by using the voice activated option here is an example of what happens. I will say "Call Steve" and the voice repeats what I have said so I then answer "Yes". For some reason when I say "Yes" it just doesn't recognise this and goes back to the Radio or CD and I have to start all over again. It recognises if I say "No" and it also recognises who I'm asking it to call so I am sure it's not the microphone or Speakers. I have tried saying "yes" in a normal tone and then louder to see if that would work and it doesn't. It does sometimes work when the car is stationary but few and far between. Has anybody else experienced this problem or have any solutuins? It is frustrating as this was an extra package I paid for. I'm thinking I might be best going to the Fiat website and asking there as I know they build the KA and it's Fiat products.

• 3 years later...

Hi all

I have the new Ford KA Titanium with built in Bluetooth and USB. I've only had it a few weeks and when I go to make a call by using the voice activated option here is an example of what happens. I will say "Call Steve" and the voice repeats what I have said so I then answer "Yes". For some reason when I say "Yes" it just doesn't recognise this and goes back to the Radio or CD and I have to start all over again. It recognises if I say "No" and it also recognises who I'm asking it to call so I am sure it's not the microphone or speakers. I have tried saying "yes" in a normal tone and then louder to see if that would work and it doesn't. It does sometimes work when the car is stationary but few and far between. Has anybody else experienced this problem or have any solutuins? It is frustrating as this was an extra package I paid for. I'm thinking I might be best going to the Fiat website and asking there as I know they build the KA and it's Fiat products.

i am a ford technician for evans halshaw the best thing you could probably do is do a "hard reset".

Undo the bolt for the positive terminal on the battery remove and wait 30 seconds then reconnect, hopefully your bluetooth should now work if not then take it to your local dealer explain that you have done a hard reset and the problem persists and ask if there is any software updates or PCM updates for your car if there are this should cure your problems if not then maybe a new microphone is needed but if your car is under warranty it will be free.

Regards

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club