Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Bought A Ka 2003 1.3 Collection

RatherBeTom

Hi all

I bought a 2003 1.3 Collection after Christmas and have a few questions.

Firstly I had a worrying incident yesterday. After driving home after work for an hour, I stopped at the shops and when I came back it would not start. When I turned the key it did nothing. No ticking, no attempt to turn over. But the electrics were working. After about 10 attempts it suddenly kicked into life. It had a new battery when I bought it and I've driven 100 or so miles until this happened.

I have read here that it might be an immobiliser problem? So I'm going to investigate this further. Any tips appreciated.

Also, oddly, I was given 2 keys, but only one works properly. The other one only locks the doors (does not open them or start the car). Does this mean it's been cut wrong, or suggest something else? The central locking is a little 'spongy'. When you turn to lock or unlock you have to hold it at full rotation and wait a beat for it to kick in.

Ideally I would like to install remote central locking, are the cheap after market kits worth the money or should I get something from Ford?

Finally, I do not have an owner's manual. Is there a way to get the radio to show a digital clock? I'm so used to digital clocks now, that the analogue just doesn't register with me.

i would get the altinator checked and make sure the battery is new as in a brand new battery not a old one thats been fitted . and the correct one for the car.

get the spare key recut properly as it should open the doors and lock them if its correctly cut but wont start the car as it needs to be coded aslong as you get a key thats got the chip in the handle.the spare key should have all the immobiliser info on it if it's an original or you maybe using the spare key to start the car if you know what i mean

i would not bother with remote central locking as it will be quite expensive but if you do decide then get intouch with your local scrap yard. the fiesta parts should fit but you may have to buy a new remote key and have it coded to the car as it's maywell work out expensive.

the battey code for your ka is 063

look on this site this is where i get my batterys from. https://advancedbatterysupplies.co.uk/carbatteries

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club