Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help Loud Clunking

s1-crysis

hi if iv posted in the wrong area could you please tell me or move it etc. Anyhow I have fitted new lower control arms and inner and outer track rods on my ford focus zetec 1.6 y reg, all went well after removinga stuck pinch bolt and working out how to remove the inner traqck rod without special tools. the problem i have is since ive dont that there has been a loud banging/ clunkiing noise when i turn the steering wheel left to full lock, I have only noticed this when reversing and i dont no if i have dislodged the drive shaft in the process of fitting the parts although the drive shaft seems to be doing its job well.

Thanx josh

Hi Josh

Does the car pull to the left, or to the right when driving in a straight line.

Did you fit all of the Spacers on the bolts + washers

Also after having this done it may be worth getting the steering geometry checked

Jamie

Hi james thanx for the reply the car does pull to the left (side of clunk) if i aint got hold of the wheel so i presume yhe tracking is out, im pritty sure i put all the washers back but i do remember wondering on the night have i made sure one washer was back im gna double check that tomorrow wen im working on it again i am gna get the tracking done once iv dne the other side, i presume thats wat u mean by getting the geometry done thanx josh

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club