Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Xenon Headlights

TangoDaz

Hi

Can anyone help I have a mk 2.5 focus with standard headlights and I am thinking of fitting xenon headlights, are they a straight swap or is it more involved

More involved.

Need ballasts, ideally levellers and washers and the car will probably need programming...

Aftermarket kits or just better bulbs (if not already) might be easier.

Retrofitting xenon lights without auto levelling and headlight washers is illegal.

As Alex said, best to look at different bulbs.

Hi

Yes I thought that might be the case. I might consider projector style headlights but I have heard they are hard too set up

they aren't illegal... strictly speaking.

Information

"Vehicles equipped with High Intensity Discharge (HID) or LED dipped beam headlamps may be fitted with headlamp washers and a suspension or headlamp self levelling system."

Method

"Where HID or LED dipped beam headlamps are fitted, switch on the headlamps and check the operation of any headlamp levelling and cleaning devices fitted."

Reason to fail

"A headlamp levelling or cleaning device inoperative or otherwise obviously defective."

what you need to keep in mind is that the aftermarket projectors are halogen based, the light pattern is different due to xenon bulbs producing light at a different point to a normal bulb. There are some amazing looking lamps in Germany but sadly they are all LHD, there are some nice ones in Oz as well, but they will cost you a bomb to import.

As I said before, if I could do it again id save a bit more cash and get the oem lights

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_170.htm

Sorry to comment on an old post but if i was to change the standard chrome headlights with the black background headlights that would be a straight swap?

Yes, it's a straight swap, it's just a different colour on the background of the lights.

• Like 1

Yes, it's a straight swap, it's just a different colour on the background of the lights.

Sweet thanks for the reply :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club