Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D123 and D041

Graham Webb

I've recently had similar problems that a few people here have had, but the responses suggest various issues.  

DTC codes D123 and D041 (suggesting no speed measurement from the sensor) and an intermittent fault whereby there is a resistive load on the engine and the odometer dial ceases to work. It seems like an electrical resistive load (partial short circuit) because the audio volume also drops.

Then my fuel pump fuse went and I was stranded. Towed to garage, they replaced the fuse, leads and distributor and it was fine for a while, but the codes were still there. A few weeks later the fault appeared again. 

So I replaced the speed sensor today but the codes were still there. Went out for a long drive with no sign of the intermittent fault. Parked, then set off and the fuel pump fuse blew again. I replaced the fuse, got home and noticed dtc: none. 

Are these issues related? How can I test my new speed sensor? How can I test the fuel pump? 

not a very comprehensive reply. but if the fuel pump fuse has blown twice there must be a problem relating to the pump or the wiring between the fuse and the pump. I do not know where the pump is. can you trace the wiring from the fuse to the pump, any chafing anywhere?

18 hours ago, Graham Webb said:

It seems like an electrical resistive load (partial short circuit) because the audio volume also drops

You might have a radio that automatically increases the volume as the speed rises. If so the lack of a speed signal would cause it to drop.