Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Adaptive Headlight Not 'adapting'

starfield

Hi All

I have a focus zetec 1.8 (climate pack) petrol (56 reg). The (HID) adaptive headlight that it fitted with (factory one) is not turning as i turn the steering wheel with the car being stationary. I just got the car yesterday from Dees of Croydon. Do I need to drive at certain speed to notice any changes or what else??? Suggestions please...

The information display does not display anything and the headlamp indicator is not flashing either. Do you think that Ford has hidden this fault?

The headlamp levelling is not working either

The sensors in an adaptive headlights system prevent the lights from turning when they don't need to. If the car isn't moving or is moving in reverse, the adaptive headlights won't activate. This helps keep the lights from inadvertently blinding other drivers.as for the other faults there are several reasons why these could not be working.i would get back to the dealer who sold you the car.

thanks

I would like to hear from more people before i take this up with Dees

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this very tenacious problem with Dees of Croydon

I have taken this up with them and they are saying that:

1. Sold me a car with headlights (despite having HID halogen at the front)

2. They have done their checks which revealed that the car does not have a loom nor motor to make it adaptive

3. The HID headlight could have been added after it has been bought

4. They have checked with Ford etis which says that the car does not have adaptive headlights

they are giving the option of:

either to replace it with normal headlight or to leave it as it is

Suggestions please

I thought that it was strange. It seems that a previous owner has fitted aftermarket HID Kit and has fitted the adaptive headlights as they have a projector lens. The car probably won't have came with them originally. I'd ask them to replace the headlights with standard ones if it was me.

Update on this very tenacious problem with Dees of Croydon

I have taken this up with them and they are saying that:

1. Sold me a car with headlights (despite having HID halogen at the front)

2. They have done their checks which revealed that the car does not have a loom nor motor to make it adaptive

3. The HID headlight could have been added after it has been bought

4. They have checked with Ford etis which says that the car does not have adaptive headlights

they are giving the option of:

either to replace it with normal headlight or to leave it as it is

Suggestions please

Was about to mention - the adaptive lights were not available with the Ford fitted Bi-Xenons, so it stands to reason that the HIDs would not work either.

I thought that it was strange. It seems that a previous owner has fitted aftermarket HiD kit and has fitted the adaptive headlights as they have a projector lens. The car probably won't have came with them originally. I'd ask them to replace the headlights with standard ones if it was me.

why are you saying that? What are the pros of having the standard headlights

why are you saying that? What are the pros of having the standard headlights

simply you dont have the loom so whats the point they arent adaptive or maoveable in which case youre better with standard headlights and upgraded xenon bulbs i assume they also doint have the levelling motor which means with a load in the car you cant adjust the lights so you cant see the road properly anyway the cost of making it adaptive would be ridiculous motors and leveling motor and wiring then getting a pro to wire it its not something you can do with a haynes manual so why have them they dont adjust so they are more dangerous and less effective than standard lights

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club