Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk2 1.8 Fuel Consumption

stu jones

My wifes got a 1998 mondeo 1.8 and the fuel consumption seems to be all over the place sometimes good sometimes bad. She said yesterday that she did 87 miles and it went from just over half to just under half on the gauge which id expect however she came home today and said it had used quarter of a tank to do 30 miles. Car runs fine. Air filter changed christmas time recent 5w 30 oil and filter. Still on its original plugs and leads at 88000 miles (i know that doesnt help :-() I seem to see a lot of posts about high fuel consumption, Someone suggested on another site to someone with similar problem it could be the MAF so ive just gone out and unplugged it and asked her to let me know how she gets on. Will change the plugs when i get a chance but do you think unplugging the MAF will do anything. Has anybody got any experience with this matter?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club