Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Car Warranty

paulsere

Hi taking my car in tomorrow to have the crank seal looked at .

Question is if i fit a new radio will it affect my warranty.

Thanks Paul.

Hi taking my car in tomorrow to have the crank seal looked at .

Question is if i fit a new radio will it affect my warranty.

Thanks Paul.

Your warranty can indeed be affected. if you are replacing with an aftermarket unit, they [ford dealers] will claim that anything interfered with / affected during the upgrade can invalidate your warranty.

For example, you will only have the new warranty of the new head unit, but if you have a wiring issue that has "developed" after the original head unit was removed, they can claim its not covered by warranty.

Your warranty can indeed be affected. if you are replacing with an aftermarket unit, they [ford dealers] will claim that anything interfered with / affected during the upgrade can invalidate your warranty.

For example, you will only have the new warranty of the new head unit, but if you have a wiring issue that has "developed" after the original head unit was removed, they can claim its not covered by warranty.

Thanks m8 will wait for a while then ..but i feared as much.

Thanks m8 will wait for a while then ..but i feared as much.

If you want a sony unit, the dealer may upgrade it, but again theres no guarantee that they will allow that to keep the validity.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club