Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fusion 53 Reg

Pumpkin9968

Hi,

I'm new to this forum been searching for a month for one, anyway i bought my ford fusion 04 plate( oops not 53 as i put at top thats my dads)about a month ago & i've noticed the warmer the car gets it sounds like a frog croaking under bonnet & gets quite annoying, i've been told 3 possibilities, water pump , alternator or pulley ? But then i'm told its nothing to worry about, bit miffed because if they dont know what it is how can they say dont worry?

anybody got any ideas or had same problem.

Would really appreciate some help.

Many thanks

Hi Pumpkin 9968.

I have the same "croaking" noise when the engine warms up in my 03 1.4 petrol Fusion and the Ford garage tell me it is the water pump, the said to leave it until it gets worse (how worse I ask myself) I would keep a check on it and if it starts to "sgueak" or "squeal" I will have to get it replaced,they told me it is quite expensive as there are a lot of bits which have to be removed/re-fitted to get at it.

Best of luck.

Hi,

i've spoke to a mechanic & he also told me that when the noise is persistant & louder, not intermittant to let him know & he will sort it from there, i must say this mechanic is excellent & comes highly reccomended he has told me not to worry it's just an annoying noise , he said it would be ripping me off if he started changing water pump & other stuff he has assured me he will sort out problem.I will keep you updated on this site as to what happens.

Thanks for your advice

sounds like excatly what i have had on my 1.4tdci fusion. its the pulley system thats at fault its a common fault on the early fusion over a certain age the just wear out and need replacing best to catch it early that it begger about waiting but thats my opinion.

Hi,

i'll give mechanic a call & get him to check that out, THANKS

Hi again lone wolf,

any idea which pulley it was you had changed ?

• 1 month later...

HI,

i got mechanic to replace water pump problem solved !!!!

I thought sound was like chicken under bonnet, other people said sound like frog or puppy yelping it was worse the warmer the car got.

The pump had started to seize up, hope this will be of help to anybody having same noises/problem

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club