Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2003 Tdci Cut Out And Non Start

Dave 2000

Hi and thanks to all in advance who maye able to help with this one. Car run perfectly until the day before yesterday. I had been driving the car from cold and travelled about 1 mile and when I slowed for a roundabout the engine cut out, it will crank over but made no attempts to start. Gets the car towed home as it was late. I went out in the morning to have a look, cranked the engine and it started first turn and run great as it has doen for the last two years without incident. As the battery had been worked the previous evening I let it run for about ten minutes, after that I cranked it again and perfect, left it running for a few minutes and switched it off. Returned to the car about an hour later and cranked away and would not start, I often heard the engine fire as if it was about to start but nothing. I used the code on the dash trick and nothing showed, the car was serviced last year by Ford dealer, any ideas where to star looking? I am loath to go anywhere in case it stops again.

The car had been filled with diesel (BP) the day before the breakdown and I covered about 80 miles with no issues.

Many thanks in advance

Dave

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club