Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can 1.8 Poor Fuel Econamy Be Solved

f1 spa

hi, we all know that the focus 1.8 petrol is thirsty ime getting 34.4 mpg in my 2006 focus sport, the thing is at 60 mph it is showing 3000 rpm,when i had a mk1 focus 1.6 it was showing 2000 rpm at 60 mph you would think the 1.8 would be the same or lower?, also today i noticed a 2009 1.8 focus with standard 18" wheels this led me to think do ford use the same ecu settings thru out the 1.8 focus range,if so ford must set up the ecu for cars with 18" wheels because of the size, my 1.8 has only got 16" wheels so to me that says that they will be spinning faster and higher rpm hence the poor fuel consumption, so can ford or a engine tuner do some sort of remap to lower the rpm or should i throw a set of 18" wheels on, what do you think?

hi, we all know that the focus 1.8 petrol is thirsty ime getting 34.4 mpg in my 2006 focus sport, the thing is at 60 mph it is showing 3000 rpm,when i had a mk1 focus 1.6 it was showing 2000 rpm at 60 mph you would think the 1.8 would be the same or lower?, also today i noticed a 2009 1.8 focus with standard 18" wheels this led me to think do ford use the same ecu settings thru out the 1.8 focus range,if so ford must set up the ecu for cars with 18" wheels because of the size, my 1.8 has only got 16" wheels so to me that says that they will be spinning faster and higher rpm hence the poor fuel consumption, so can ford or a engine tuner do some sort of remap to lower the rpm or should i throw a set of 18" wheels on, what do you think?

its a high revving engine they all are except the newest my 1.6 ti-vct is around the same my oild mk1 1.8 was the same and the courtesy car fiesta i had was a high revver to bigger wheels wont make any difference as they are heavier so youll still use the fuel its a simple fact that with a 1.8 its thirstier heavier and will use more fuel regular servicing will help

i found out today that all 1.8 focus have the same ecu settings,but yes you are right about the wheels, ahh well just a thought, back to the drawing board

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club