Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing Rear Bumper Focus Mk2.5

Lenny

Hi all,

im removing my rear bumper off my 2010 focus hatch back,

has anyone else done this before or any advise on removing it?

thanks.

This any good Lenny

http://www.justanswe...ford-focus.html

All Models

1. Remove the upper push-pin retainers.
  2. Raise and support the vehicle.
  3. Detach the bumper cover from the fender splash shield (both sides).

1. Remove the bolt.
    2. Detach the bumper cover from the fender.
      1. Remove the nut (one each side).
      2. Remove the clip (one each side).

[*]Remove the lower push-pin retainers.

[*]Lower the vehicle.

4-door and 5-door

[*]Remove the nut (one each side).

1. Detach the loadspace trim to access the nut.

[*]Remove the rear lamp cluster.

1. Remove the nuts.
  2. Detach the electrical connector.

[*]Remove the push-pin retainers (two each side).

All Models

[*]Remove the bumper cover.

1. Detach the bumper cover.
  2. Disconnect the fog lamps electrical connector (if equipped).

This any good Lenny

Excellent Stuff pree thanks mate,

next question i have is:

could i legaly drive the car 20km to work and 20km home again for 3-5 days

without a front or rear bumper,

if my reverse and fog light units were custom fitted in to 500ml plastic bottles and cable tied to the chassie

and how hard would it be to remove the front bumper ?

second thoughts ill keep the front bumper on their. too much to remove with the under tray panel and the fogs, drl's etc.

and possibly some air bag sensors too......... no thanks :wacko:

I bet once the parts are sprayed Lenny then fitting would not take long , you could probably fit them yourself without removing anything m8

Best thing to do Lenny is get the Kit sprayed , send it all to me for free , i will fit it and do a guide ready for when you buy a new set :)

I bet once the parts are sprayed Lenny then fitting would not take long , you could probably fit them yourself without removing anything m8

the instructions show the fitting of the parts with the bumpers still on the car, but the bumpers are a different shade to the body, so ill remove the rear bumper and leave it with the body shop to match the colour of the skirt, and i would leave the whole car but i need it for work etc. but the front lip i will arange to drop in perhaps next saturday and we can fit it togeather lol

Best thing to do Lenny is get the Kit sprayed , send it all to me for free , i will fit it and do a guide ready for when you buy a new set :)

Thats very kind of you mate lol, :ph34r:

i would like to scan the fitting guides that come with each part though and upload them as PDF's for anyone who is likely to purchase a Zs part from the breakers, they would find the fitting instructions from ford very usful

i dont have a scanner but their is one in work that i may be able to use to my advantage ;)

Think you may find the legality of driving round without bumpers against you here. As they are designed first and foremost for the protection of pedestrians in mind. Remove the bumpers and it reveals all manor of metal parts, which Mr fuzz will be all to happy to point out when issuing a fixed penalty.... I once had a mk2 fiesta with the metal bumper, and the plastic end cap that wrapped round onto the wing had fell off, I got a right earful, and a lecture about public safety. So best to check first.

Think you may find the legality of driving round without bumpers against you here. As they are designed first and foremost for the protection of pedestrians in mind. Remove the bumpers and it reveals all manor of metal parts, which Mr fuzz will be all to happy to point out when issuing a fixed penalty.... I once had a mk2 fiesta with the metal bumper, and the plastic end cap that wrapped round onto the wing had fell off, I got a right earful, and a lecture about public safety. So best to check first.

Thanks mate,

i never thought of it like that regarding prdestrians and stuff ll leave the front bumper on it mate,

but ill need to remove the rear panel to give it to the body shop, because the bumpers are a different shade compared to the car and i want the kit to match the bumpers so ill have to take my chances with the fuzz,

i plan to remove the rear bumper on wednesday and leave it in the body shop then the only driving i will be doing is 11.8miles to work and 11.8 miles back on a country road and some motorway at 8am and 6pm.

i wont be doing any other unnessacery trips other than going to work and i wont be driving through any towns,

the reverse and fog lights fitted in some clear plastic bottles, then the bumper should be ready to fit back on the car next saturday and i will be back to being 100% compliant again,

im also thinking of going to the local cop station and asking them about it just to be safe and save myself a potential fine, but if they say ''no you cant'' well ill still need to do it, and then if i was caught driving with no bumper and found to have been told by the law that i couldnt, then that would be worse for me,

so i think ill take my chances for the two days with the rear bumper off and if i get stopped ill play the inocent party and hope they dont read the forum :lol:

Lenny i would say as long as any potential sharp edges that would be hazourdous in a collision with a pedestrian are well wrapped over in some thing soft say foam you should be ok and that all your lights work and number plates are in place cant see there being a problem and if i remember correctly there is only the bumper strenthing bar on the back that would cause a hazard should be simple to remove rather than tape up its the potential hazard to a pedestrian not the cosmetic look of the vehicle that you have to worry about . any way what do you know about removing turbos off a 2.0 tdci is it easy blew mine first time out on replacement engine on thursday gutted .

Lenny i would say as long as any potential sharp edges that would be hazourdous in a collision with a pedestrian are well wrapped over in some thing soft say foam you should be ok and that all your lights work and number plates are in place cant see there being a problem and if i remember correctly there is only the bumper strenthing bar on the back that would cause a hazard should be simple to remove rather than tape up its the potential hazard to a pedestrian not the cosmetic look of the vehicle that you have to worry about . any way what do you know about removing turbos off a 2.0 tdci is it easy blew mine first time out on replacement engine on thursday gutted .

thanks for the advise and sorry to hear that mate,

i have no experience in removing turbos but im also a member of TDOCuk.com

perhaps if you join their and ask the members they will be able to help you because many have upgraded turbos etc.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club