Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Handbrake Broken?

Splashy

Hi all

I've had an smax now for about a year and had no end of minor grumbles. One that has just come back is the handbrake.

Out of the blue I now seem to have to lift the handle much higher in order to get the handbrake on. Not only that but I think that it isn't fully releasing when taken off (although the warning light goes out). This happened once before and seemed to have sorted itself after about a week. I don't have much trust in the local garage having taken it there before with an intermittent airbag warning light and being told there wasn't a problem. Do any of you know what this could be or have any useful suggestions?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Can't help you with the handbrake, but the intermittent airbag light will almost certainly be the airbag connector underneat the drivers seat. Unplug the connector (you have to undo a screw on the connector to do this) then give the contacts a really good clean on both sides (might be worth disconnecting the battery first).

Plug it back together and that should be the end of your airbag woes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club