19 replies to this topic

#16 hubballi

hubballi

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Ford Model: 1999 1.6
Posted 16 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

soetimes it really can be that simple jerking etc is usually coil pack or plugs hope thats you sorted now

I can't believe this, it's resorted to how it was again. Gutted :-(

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,203 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct
  • Year: 2006

Posted 16 February 2010 - 04:05 PM

I can't believe this, it's resorted to how it was again. Gutted :-(

well its not leads and not plugs so it reverts to coil pack maf or its a fuelling issue dont waste cash go to the scrappy and take a maf off and a coil pack try each of them if one of them solves the problem you know what oit is if neaither do then its a fuel issue either with the injectors or pump or it could be a sensor is gone totally diagnostics may be in order

#18 hubballi

hubballi

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Ford Model: 1999 1.6
Posted 16 February 2010 - 05:42 PM

well its not leads and not plugs so it reverts to coil pack maf or its a fuelling issue dont waste cash go to the scrappy and take a maf off and a coil pack try each of them if one of them solves the problem you know what oit is if neaither do then its a fuel issue either with the injectors or pump or it could be a sensor is gone totally diagnostics may be in order

Now then, I got a new coil pack for £20 so it was worth a gamble at that price. It now runs better than ever and fingers crossed it will continue. Not a bad job getting the old one off (as a novice with cars) but connecting the HT leads back was a pain. One of them was almost bent and had lost that little clip on the bare copper connection. I got it on in the end but perhaps I should look at getting some new leads too.

What I can't understand is if it was the coil pack, why did it seem ok for a while after putting new plugs on ? Surely it would make no difference.

Anyway, if it's sorted my fuel consumption which has been high will go down a bit and all for a mere £35 (including air filter and plugs)

#19 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,203 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:07 PM

Now then, I got a new coil pack for 20 so it was worth a gamble at that price. It now runs better than ever and fingers crossed it will continue. Not a bad job getting the old one off (as a novice with cars) but connecting the HT leads back was a pain. One of them was almost bent and had lost that little clip on the bare copper connection. I got it on in the end but perhaps I should look at getting some new leads too.

What I can't understand is if it was the coil pack, why did it seem ok for a while after putting new plugs on ? Surely it would make no difference.

Anyway, if it's sorted my fuel consumption which has been high will go down a bit and all for a mere 35 (including air filter and plugs)

that dodgy lead wont be helping things and the engine vibration can make it not make proper contact so ide definately replace the leads genuine fpord one sare the best

#20 nabz28

nabz28

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: Nabeel
  • Ford Model: 1.6 sport

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

Hi Guys need help.

My car started jerking and juddering therefore I done a full service ie changed the spark plugs, air filter, oil filter, oil, brake pads and brake discs. For a short whike the jerking stopped. It started happening again and after reading this forum I decided to change the coil pack and leads. Again it stopoed for a short while and now when driving in gear 3, accelerating betwern 1500 to 2000 rpm it jerks. Sometimes its bad where the car thinks it is going to stall but doesn't or sometimes its a slight judder or a vigorous one. What could it possibly be?!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users