Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,104 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:27 PM

Not having any joy, removed coil but no help, going to have to cut through the old cat to get past the drive shaft eye shields at the ready :blink:

how did you get on? doesn't sound too good :(

If i was home I would have loved to help out as im only about 25 miles to west calder and im quite often at livingston but unfortunately im working 450 miles away at the moment :lol:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 bt_cav

bt_cav

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 330 posts
  • Name: Brian
  • Ford Model: focus
  • Year: 2004

Posted 18 September 2011 - 10:28 PM

Hey Stef

Cheers for your support mate :)

When I eventually got hold of a reasonably sharp chisel I cut around the cat as much as I could reach, about half way.....when the rain came on and my arms weighed about 5 stone each and I looked like I had been in rolling in ash because of what came out of the cat. decided it was time to call it a day.

I'll be heading out first thing in the morning to get some new hack saw blades and saw through the rest.

Will let you know how I get on, only hope the new cat goes up with out so much bother with out the bracket on.

:)

#18 bt_cav

bt_cav

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:27 PM

I have never thought the KA was a particularly Good looking car, but seeing the back of it as it drove off this evening was beautiful :D

What a pain in the !Removed! that was, got new hack saw blades, but the handle of the palm saw broke.... Not to worries I thought cant be expensive I'll get another....But no, none to be had anywhere, so I was sold a blade that fits in to 'any' stanley knife which didn't fit so got a new stanley knife, worked well got most of the way around the cat....got the rest with a 24" chisel from above ;) The front pipe came out much easier in 2 parts, chiseled both bolts off the bracket, wacked it all back togeather using a drop of copper slip on the studs & blots etc..., Front pipe went up no problem without the bracket (fitted it after)

Also fitted 2 new Lambda sensors in.

Proper job me thinks

:P

#19 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,104 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:38 PM

I have never thought the KA was a particularly Good looking car, but seeing the back of it as it drove off this evening was beautiful :D

What a pain in the !Removed! that was, got new hack saw blades, but the handle of the palm saw broke.... Not to worries I thought cant be expensive I'll get another....But no, none to be had anywhere, so I was sold a blade that fits in to 'any' stanley knife which didn't fit so got a new stanley knife, worked well got most of the way around the cat....got the rest with a 24" chisel from above ;) The front pipe came out much easier in 2 parts, chiseled both bolts off the bracket, wacked it all back togeather using a drop of copper slip on the studs & blots etc..., Front pipe went up no problem without the bracket (fitted it after)

Also fitted 2 new Lambda sensors in.

Proper job me thinks

:P

Well you got there in the end :) nothing worse when you get one of them jobs that goes from bad to worse.. although it does make you more determined.
Any links to this stanley knife blade?

sounds to me like its a job well done :)

#20 bt_cav

bt_cav

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 330 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

Hey Stef

yea working outside with only car ramps is not as easy as it is inside a garage with a pit or ramp, but the show must go on ;)

The heat shield and bolts were a pain too, all three of them

here's a link for that hack saw blade Clicky
:D

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users