• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Name: Adam
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium 1.4 (3 Door)
  • Year: 2011

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:00 PM

The ECU learns your driving style I was told so when the battery is removed from the car and replugged in it can clear the data stored and the car re-learns your driving style which means the MPG can be all over the shop.. Well, so I was told once!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 james132

james132

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2006

Posted 06 January 2012 - 10:58 PM

Shortly after getting my focus the battery died, I charged it over night so I could get to work in the morning, the car just about started to get me home so poped into the local ford dealership and asked if they would do a quick check to see if it was battery or alternator at fault. Guy on reception said yeah sure il just grab one of the mechanics before they go home at 5, bearing in mind I was there at about 4:30. Waited 5 mins and the mechanic walked into the waiting area so the reception guy asks him to do the quick check etc, explaning my situation to him, he turned round and said, nah im going home!

This anoyed me quite a bit but still took it back several weeks later because my tow bar wouldnt attach properly, the guy who looked at it was more than useless and knew less than I did about the damm thing!

I certianly wont be taking any car there again.

However Im sure, as said by others, there are good dealers out there too.

#18 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:19 PM

explaning my situation to him, he turned round and said, nah im going home!

Oh my word!! I would of made a complaint about that, that's disgusting!!

#19 james132

james132

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
  • Year: 2006

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:35 PM

Oh my word!! I would of made a complaint about that, that's disgusting!!

The fact it only just made it there aswell! He had the cheek to tell me to bring it back in the morning for him to have a look at!

#20 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 11:50 PM

The fact it only just made it there aswell! He had the cheek to tell me to bring it back in the morning for him to have a look at!

I would of told him to stay and look at it.. how dare someone say 'Nah im going home' to a customer who at the end of the day pays his salary!? If he said that to everyone and no one came back... he'd be out of a job!

Christ, dealerships are awful nower days. You'd swear they don't need the business lol

#21 d2kea

d2kea

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Name: Keane
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S
  • Year: 2010

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:22 AM

he turned round and said, nah im going home!

I bet the salesman wouldnt have told you that if you were interested in buying a car from them.

#22 Jack7

Jack7

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Name: Jack
  • Ford Model: Fiesta TDCi Zetec S
  • Year: 2009

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:31 AM

The attitude of most car dealers is unreal, they ought to remember they wouldnt have a job if they didnt have customers, much like my job! :P

Rojariggs thats good that your seeing an improvement, hopefully the ford dealer I take my car to next in glasgow will be able to do something for me! :)

#23 thornewell

thornewell

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S MK7 TDCI

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:54 AM

Rog...sounds like it may have just improved things for you which is good. I may have to go to my dealer and see what they say.

On the note of dealers, I have had a bad experience where I got my car back from warranty work to find my passenger door wouldn't open from outisde, the window motor had pretty much died and the original warranty repairs had not been rectified. Was not happy so took it to another dealer, they fixed all problems and even gave me a free courtesy car. For the problems, I mentioned to Ford relations and managed to wangle a free service, which was handy. So I agree some dealers are good and some bad but mention the grief you have experienced to ford relations and any dealer should hopefully be more willing to help

#24 TDCiST

TDCiST

No Smoke No Poke... Unless you have a DPF!

• 1,651 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec S 1.6 TDCi
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2012 - 01:56 PM

I guess I'm just really luck with the rapport I have with my dealer...

To be fair, me and my parents have always bought cars from them, even when its changed hands... the staff haven't changed however though!

#25 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

Dealers don't make their money on car sales, it's on repeat customers coming back for servicing etc

So why is it the sales teams are far better than the service teams!?

#26 TDCiST

TDCiST

• 1,651 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

Because the salesmen are all on commission... the service team arent!!

#27 adamc260

adamc260

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:20 PM

Because the salesmen are all on commission... the service team arent!!

I've worked in customer service roles and wasn't on commission, still did my best for the customer! Lazy twonks!

#28 rojariggs

rojariggs

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Name: Roger
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:39 PM

I can't fault the service from my dealer, Gates of Hertford:

I complained that there was a rattle from the door mirror sometimes when I closed my door - so they fitted a whole new door mirror.

I found some small stone chips on the door when washing the car a few weeks after getting the car - one of the salesman said to pop down and he touched the chips in for me.

Had another rattle from one of the doors - they had the car in twice without any hassle and sorted it.

Reprogrammed/updated the PCM to help improve fuel consumption and said to book it back in if I'm still not happy.

Everytime I book it in I get the impression it's no hassle for them and I never have to wait more than a couple of days.

Car is just over a year old and has done 17k miles.

Cheers

Rog

#29 TDCiST

TDCiST

• 1,651 posts
Contributor

Posted 07 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

I found some small stone chips on the door when washing the car a few weeks after getting the car - one of the salesman said to pop down and he touched the chips in for me.

I had this with gates too... but of the Letchworth variety lol. I really cant fault them... A mate of mine had issues with stevenage branch, but he still goes there so it cant be all that bad!

#30 PumpkinSteve

PumpkinSteve

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 280 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6 125ps

Posted 07 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

Dealers don't make their money on car sales, it's on repeat customers coming back for servicing etc

So why is it the sales teams are far better than the service teams!?

When I used to go to Toyota there would always be something wrong with my car after a service. Once they smashed my lights rear lights, once they scratched my interior, sometimes the car would be manky inside after getting it back, then other times my radio station would be changed...WTF why are they listening to my radio?!

They once told me the tread was down to 5mm on the front tyres and next year when I went back it was 7mm. Magical growing tyres! I don't mind buying cars but I dread having them serviced, most garages are useless.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users