6'7" Focus Driver

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Name: Stu
  • Ford Model: 1.8 TDCI Focus Titanium
  • Year: 2008

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

so... I removed the head unit, fitted the DAb aerial, base, leads etc and nothing. I could see anywhere for the DAB connector to go and I'm now at a loss as to how the radio could possibly work with DAB? It appears to be right. I have looked for the model number and it comes up multiple times on ebay as a DAB radio.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to who I could check with before I consider my options? Ford? Sony? I'm also considering that the DAB functionality may need enabling?

In my opinion if it doesn't work as advertised I should simply return it to the guy I bought it from. Shame really as apart from the lack of DAB it's a cracking head unit - just a duplicate of my original one at the moment

Frustrating!!

#33 salsheikh

salsheikh

Sal_Sheikh

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts
  • Name: Sal
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.8 Turbo D

Posted 01 April 2012 - 05:33 PM

mate, deffo return it and get another one. something isnt right about it.

#34 jbeer

jbeer

Ford Friends

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Name: Jason
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk2.5 2.0TDCi Titanium X
  • Year: 2009

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

You may have returned this already or go it sorted, either way here is my reply to you posted question

I believe that you access the DAB stations by pressing the Radio button on the left hand side several times…this then scrolls through FM, AM, FMST (I think) and then DAB. Not sure if it's the right order but you get the jist

Hope it helps :)

#35 021C

021C

6'7" Focus Driver

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • Name: Stu
  • Ford Model: 1.8 TDCI Focus Titanium

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

You may have returned this already or go it sorted, either way here is my reply to you posted question

I believe that you access the DAB stations by pressing the Radio button on the left hand side several times…this then scrolls through FM, AM, FMST (I think) and then DAB. Not sure if it's the right order but you get the jist

Hope it helps :)

Hey - thanks for the reply. This is all sorted now and I did return the item soon after I posted.

There was no way the item was a DAB unit and what i think had happened was the font plate of the radio had been replaced to make the unit look like a DAB unit. This would be very easy to do - so i would suggest if anyone has any concerns ask here for advice.

I managed to get a full refund from eBay and not long after buy a 100% DAB unit - all fitted and working :)

Stu

#36 jbeer

jbeer

Ford Friends

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Name: Jason
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Mk2.5 2.0TDCi Titanium X
  • Year: 2009

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

Hey - thanks for the reply. This is all sorted now and I did return the item soon after I posted.

There was no way the item was a DAB unit and what i think had happened was the font plate of the radio had been replaced to make the unit look like a DAB unit. This would be very easy to do - so i would suggest if anyone has any concerns ask here for advice.

I managed to get a full refund from eBay and not long after buy a 100% DAB unit - all fitted and working :)

Stu

Glad you managed to get it all sorted in the end :)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users