23 replies to this topic

#16 wisewoman

wisewoman

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.25 2009
Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

Hello,

I too am thinking fo leaving the iphone behind for a Galxy S3 and would love to know what will happen if i plug an S3 in via the special USB port ( I dont have bluetooth). Will I be able to operate it remotely via steering wheel as I currently do my iPhone? If not I may just turn my iphone into a satnav and mp3 playing device and permanently keep it in my car and use an s3 for everything else.....

Melissa

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
  • Name: Paul
  • Ford Model: Focus Tit X Mk3 | Fiesta Zetec Mk7
  • Year: 2012
Contributor

Posted 09 November 2012 - 03:44 PM

Hi Melissa

If you connect via Bluetooth to your SGS3 , then you can control via the Steering wheel or voice control.
I have never tried plugging the SGS3 into the USB port. But via blue tooth every thing works fine.
OPs just re-read your post.

no bluetooth

Well like i said i have never tried it , but it should work like a USB drive and play music and controlled via the steering wheel.

I did think though that if you had a USB port in a Ford fitted Stereo then you naturally also had bluetooth as standard.It's usually Bluetooth with 3.5mm jack input and usually the USB is an extra to that.

#18 wisewoman

wisewoman

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta 1.25 2009
Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:15 PM

Hi there,

I've only had the car a few weeks and its a new, 62 plate basic Econetic. I've not noticed any obvious symbols indicating that it was bluetooth but I do have the special USB with 3.5mm jack. If i had bluetooth would it be under the settings tab on the stereo?

UPDATE: OK Ive had a fiddle around and I'm pretty sure i do NOT have bluetooth :(

I'd appreciate it if someone with an S3 and special USB port could give it a whirl and let me know the results :)

Cheers,

Melissa

#19 Wayneo01

Wayneo01

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.6 tdci titanium

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Brodi normally make a few different holders with different dimensions to fit any kind of case u have on ur phone, check out there website

#20 Jwsturner

Jwsturner

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: MK7 1.6 TDCI Titanium 5 door
  • Year: 2009

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:37 AM

I've just changed phone to a Galaxy Note 2. Fantastic phone and makes my iphone 4s look old fashioned. Problem I have with the car are that I can only play through bluetooth as it doesn't recognise the usb connection. I have to initiate streaming via voice control.

It doesn't pull any track info over bluetooth either. And I can't use the steering wheel controls to change track.

I'm going to update the firmware to see if this changes. Can anyone let me know if they can do any of these things with their android phone. Also, if you can what music app do you use.

#21 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

I can change tracks and i get  Streaming information from a Galaxy S3 , standard programs .

#22 Froggy72

Froggy72

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Name: Ian
  • Ford Model: Fiesta metal

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

Ive got a S3 mini. I can see songs and change tracks on steering wheel. Ive been using music paradise app.

#23 Preee

Preee

Ford Fruitcake

• 4,099 posts
Contributor

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

Forgot to mention i can also use the voice commands to control the S3 music , play , stop , next

#24 Jwsturner

Jwsturner

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: MK7 1.6 TDCI Titanium 5 door
  • Year: 2009

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

I've just updated the firmware on the head unit to the latest on the Ford website. There are no improvements to the functionality. There is no track information displayed and I can't change tracks from the steering wheel controls. I will try it with my brothers S3

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users