Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driver Side Front And Back Water Leak?!

TommyTse

hello, i am new to this forum and i only got my mk7 fiesta 3 door zetec s for 4months and it is not cover under the water leak warranty even tho the cars only one years old.

what i recently notice was my rear foot well was soaking wet with water there is some at the front as well but there was alot must of been like a bottle of water or more i thought it was someone spilled water on it but i cleaned and dried it out and it came back again must be rain water im thinking? i have no idea what it could be. i got it booked it at ford in two weeks time to check but they will charge me to have alook at it and fix so i want to know if anyone know how to fix it etc so i can save abit of money? i have already tried and look at the A Pillars but no sign of water leak there really? unless i done it wrong. i also notice my car get mist up really easy? could that be a reason as well

thank you

tommy

I had a water leak on back seat and boot - about 3 inches of water in the wheel well. It first happened when it was 4 months old and they supposedly fixed it. Headlining had to be replaced as marks came through. All fixed under warranty. 2 leaks in roof (roof rack trim) and 2 in body work. That was a year ago now its happened again. :angry: . Screen mists too!

I had a water leak on back seat and boot - about 3 inches of water in the wheel well. It first happened when it was 4 months old and they supposedly fixed it. Headlining had to be replaced as marks came through. All fixed under warranty. 2 leaks in roof (roof rack trim) and 2 in body work. That was a year ago now its happened again. :angry: . Screen mists too!

thanks for the reply sorry for the bad news your having as well! strange thing my boot is completely dry i just have no idea where the water is coming in to the car!

Hi tommy

I replied to a member this morning with the same problem I paid £288 first time

I ad to go back it was still leaking I gave the fords customer relation a call and they was

Very helpful and I got it fixed for nothing, if you follow the water leak links there's

Some good information in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi tommy

I replied to a member this morning with the same problem I paid £288 first time

I ad to go back it was still leaking I gave the fords customer relation a call and they was

Very helpful and I got it fixed for nothing, if you follow the water leak links there's

Some good information in there.

hello there do you know what was done to your car? because i might just do it myself i heard i need to put some seal on my a pillar ? thank you

the onlt way water can come in through your window, or door seals...... mayb window screen going back of your dashboard unsure.... just check you have a tight seem/window when eveything is closed... try hitting it with a jet wash to see if you can spot the leakage....

the onlt way water can come in through your window, or door seals...... mayb window screen going back of your dashboard unsure.... just check you have a tight seem/window when eveything is closed... try hitting it with a jet wash to see if you can spot the leakage....

thank you for the advise i have already checked them and they all them good to me to be honest. dont really want to take it to ford since they going charge me even though the cars less then 2 years old ( stupid water leak not covered )

tbf why should you have to pay extra..... doesnt the car come with a statuary warranty anyway?? what is water leak cover? (i bet only ford does this, like a anti rust cover lmfao) its a defect, doesnt work/prevent leakage like it should do.....

tbf why should you have to pay extra..... doesnt the car come with a statuary warranty anyway?? what is water leak cover? (i bet only ford does this, like a anti rust cover lmfao) its a defect, doesnt work/prevent leakage like it should do.....

it comes with warranty but water leak is only covered for the first 12months.. stupid it is!

i carnt understand why a car would come with a water leak warranty........ if you seals are fine, check the gaps in your doors make sure they are same measurement and run true

i'll been on many forums and i find one where it had a TSB attachment on the post and i look in to it and it seem to be my problem i need to use some seal that does not mention what kind of seal to seal up the a pillar so im kinda stuck tbh with you lol and im unsure is it the right place to put it haha

ive read about the bulk head leaking where there has being gunk missing, i recon they just use somat like gutter sealent etc....

hi tommy

sorry i can't help you with what seal it was but mine ad gone in two places, one at the top of the wing

just below the bonnet hinge you can see the seal where they have put some touch up paint on it, the other one was where the wing fits on to the bodywork the guy was pointing to the door pillar between

drivers door hinges, the water was running in between the trim and sill and coming in at the back of drivers seat up through the underlay and carpet in the passenger footwell,so far so good, they did say bring it back if it happens again, i'm sorry if it's not much use and hope you get it sorted soon there must be thousands out there with this problem fords should know it must be a major problem.

hi tommy

sorry i can't help you with what seal it was but mine ad gone in two places, one at the top of the wing

just below the bonnet hinge you can see the seal where they have put some touch up paint on it, the other one was where the wing fits on to the bodywork the guy was pointing to the door pillar between

drivers door hinges, the water was running in between the trim and sill and coming in at the back of drivers seat up through the underlay and carpet in the passenger footwell,so far so good, they did say bring it back if it happens again, i'm sorry if it's not much use and hope you get it sorted soon there must be thousands out there with this problem fords should know it must be a major problem.

hello mate is it possible you can post pictures of repair? that would be helpful thank you!

hi tommy

I hope i can get the pics through to yer, me and pc don't get on, it does look bad on the photo's it looks if they was blindfolded

when they did it.

anthony B)

post-38736-0-95841600-1358442665_thumb.j

post-38736-0-17047500-1358442692_thumb.j

post-38736-0-14103200-1358442716_thumb.j

post-38736-0-55121800-1358442750_thumb.j

post-38736-0-85651400-1358442777_thumb.j

hi tommy

I hope i can get the pics through to yer, me and pc don't get on, it does look bad on the photo's it looks if they was blindfolded

when they did it.

anthony B)

thank you very much! just as i through where it is to seal but just clueless what to use haha might tried use some bathroom seal or some sort!

thanks once again!

p.s my rear footwell look like that! not long ago before getting all the water out!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a water leak also, the back drivers side fills up with water when it rains. I'm reluctant to take it to Ford as they will charge me a fortune and its out of warrantee (of course). I don't really know of any honest garages that won't rip me off so any suggestions or help would be great. I am in Bournemouth.

Hi NickiMac

ford did charge me first time and when i read other members reviews one found out it was a production fault so i gave ford relations a call and explain to them what had happned, i took the car back and they didn't charge me, my car was first registered 2010

and only done 14,000 mls so i don't know if that ad anything to do with it.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club