Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • Name: Kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.6 Zetec
  • Year: 2005

Posted 05 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

Voice commands, give this a try - insert a contact into your phone called 'home' and then try giving a voice command saying 'call home' it called a contact in my phone book called 'Ben' :angry:

I gave up trying! I'm born and bred english and have a plain accent.

You think you've got problems...

:D  :D  :D

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 MarkyR

MarkyR

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta Mk7 Zetec S

Posted 05 May 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hmm getting worried about the reviews of the sync system! Their is a ford sync website though where you can get updates etc. Can't remember the web address, will look later as I'm at work at the mo.

#18 Willy

Willy

Mountune'd 1.0 EcoBoost Titanium (Midnight Sky)

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,496 posts
  • Name: Willy
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Titanium MP135
  • Year: 2013
Contributor

Posted 05 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

Web site's only for US car :(

We're ment to go to our dealer for ours but don't thing there are any yet :(

#19 ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude

AyrshireDude

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: ST-3
  • Year: 2014

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Its very similar to Fiat's Blue and me that I had in my Previous Punto but I have to say the Ford one works so much better.  In the Punto you'd be lucky if it picked up a name one in 20 times.  This has done it almost every time........ Except for "home" nothing I say will get it to go to home lol

#20 Willy

Willy

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,496 posts
Contributor

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:01 PM

If it could play track 1 first instead of sorting everything in alphabetical order I'd be happy.
And it does the classic ipod thing by stopping at the end of each album instead of playing the next one.
Pile of pap.

#21 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:12 PM

This is the website:

http://www.syncmyrid...ManageSync.aspx

Not sure if it's US only? But it does seem to be an American site. I can't be bothered to visit the dealer every time an update is release, hopefully we'll be trusted enough to update our own like we can with the non Sync systems.

#22 Willy

Willy

• FOC Supporters
  • 1,496 posts
Contributor

Posted 05 May 2013 - 11:25 PM

This is the website:

http://www.syncmyrid...ManageSync.aspx

Not sure if it's US only? But it does seem to be an American site. I can't be bothered to visit the dealer every time an update is release, hopefully we'll be trusted enough to update our own like we can with the non Sync systems.

I just tried registering but keep getting an error with the VIN number so I think it's a US only site :( oh well, worth a try.

Cheers Mark :)

#23 iNath

iNath

ST-2 Mod

• Super Mod
  • 3,604 posts
  • Name: Nathan
  • Ford Model: Molten Orange Fiesta ST-2
Contributor

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

That site is for the US. The UK page will be here: http://www.ford.co.u...nology/fordsync

Scroll to the table at the bottom and click 'SYNC Upgrades'
Currently says:

Ford SYNC upgrades
Ford SYNC technology is constantly evolving for example, its language capabilities are becoming more sophisticated all the time. And youll be able to integrate the improvements and new services into your SYNC version, as theyre released.

Currently, you can have the updates downloaded directly, by taking your car to your local Ford dealer.

And soon youll be able to simply download them from our website onto a USB stick. You can then slot this into the USB port in your car and transfer the new services and updates yourself.

#24 cuke

cuke

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Mk3 Focus Titanium X
  • Year: 2011

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:46 AM

Hi, well the current sync system in the UK is a partnership with Ford, Microsoft and Nuance Communications. Nuance Communications are the people responsible for the voice recognition, not Microsoft, and they also produce the excellent 'Dragon' voice recognition software, which has a very good reputation. I've never heard of the UK version of sync crashing at all and in the US the original issues that the Sync system had have just about all been ironed out. One of the problems with developing the new sync system was the many different languages and dialects within the European community, which is why it landed here later than in the states. I am sure that Ford are aware of the limitations it has at present, and, along with its partners, are probably working upon updates to put this all back again.

Cheers,

Chris

#25 MarkyR

MarkyR

• PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

That site is for the US. The UK page will be here: http://www.ford.co.u...nology/fordsync

Scroll to the table at the bottom and click 'SYNC Upgrades'
Currently says:

And soon you’ll be able to simply download them from our website onto a USB stick. You can then slot this into the USB port in your car and transfer the new services and updates yourself. 

Music to my ears  :D

Thanks mate, great to hear we will be able to do it ourselves. 

#26 igglepiggle

igglepiggle

IB

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Name: IAN
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 (125) ecoboost titanium

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Hi, well the current sync system in the UK is a partnership with Ford, Microsoft and Nuance Communications. Nuance Communications are the people responsible for the voice recognition, not Microsoft, and they also produce the excellent 'Dragon' voice recognition software, which has a very good reputation. I've never heard of the UK version of sync crashing at all and in the US the original issues that the Sync system had have just about all been ironed out. One of the problems with developing the new sync system was the many different languages and dialects within the European community, which is why it landed here later than in the states. I am sure that Ford are aware of the limitations it has at present, and, along with its partners, are probably working upon updates to put this all back again.
Cheers,
Chris

#27 igglepiggle

igglepiggle

IB

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Name: IAN
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 (125) ecoboost titanium

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

The voice recognition is rubbish she can't even grasp 'call home' and the sync voice is robotic and not natural.
My sync system fails often and either requires the fuse being pulled to allow the system to reboot or numerous USB pull out and plug in attempts.
Yesterday i spent the first 10 miles of my journey getting distracted from driving due to sync giving error messages whilst trying to listen to music on my iPhone.
There are numerous postings on this group that prove my problems are not unique.

#28 The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight

The member the forum deserves but not the one it needs right now

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • Name: Dave
  • Ford Model: Fiesta ST-2

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

I think it's a great system and have only had one problem with it. I use an iPhone 5 and although the USB connection works fine (though I do agree it is a little slow), it could not cope with the track name 'Moves like Jagger.' Other than that it works fine and not suffered any issues with dialling names. Most of the time I use it to play music via bluetooth on my iPhone and it stops the song when I open the door to get out and resumes exactly where I left off when I return, without me needing to press anything.

All things considered I am happy with it so perhaps it differs depending on the device used or I am just lucky...

#29 ayrshiredude

ayrshiredude

AyrshireDude

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: ST-3

Posted 06 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Cheers,

Chris

I seem to remember when the Mk 6 was released there was some bad publicity on Watchdog about how it never seemed to understand peoples accents.

#30 b1g_dav3

b1g_dav3

Ford Enthusiast

• 2,516 posts
  • Name: David
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Contributor

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

This is what my sync sounds like half of the time;

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users