Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,974 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:36 PM

sounds like the coil pack to me as the heat from the engine builds it misfires apparently its common im currently devising a heat shield to fit round the coilpack

also my exact thought at the moment, as the coil pack heats up its sort of 'breaking up' not the first car ive heard this happen too.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 artscot79

artscot79

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,993 posts
  • Name: arthur
  • Ford Model: focus mk2 ti-vct

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:18 PM

also my exact thought at the moment, as the coil pack heats up its sort of 'breaking up' not the first car ive heard this happen too.

a few hyundais had the same issue with the coil pack taking so much heat from the engine i have a stainless steel heatshiled im trying to modify so it will sit around the coil pack protecting it a little

#18 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 4,974 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
Contributor

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:28 PM

a few hyundais had the same issue with the coil pack taking so much heat from the engine i have a stainless steel heatshiled im trying to modify so it will sit around the coil pack protecting it a little

be interesting to see how that works mate, you will need to post up some pics when you get it fitted?

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users