Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking noise

Allister67

Hi

Having now sorted out the front brakes, the car has developed a knocking sound. It seems to be coming from the front right-hand side of the car, it slows down or speeds up according to the speed of the car, but it's intermittent - sometimes no knocking, sometimes quiet and occasionally very loud. There doesn't seem to be any correlation between going straight or turning, it can knock (or not) while doing either. Didn't have this noise before doing the front brakes, but can't see that I might have done something directly to cause it - any ideas please?

Hi

Having now sorted out the front brakes, the car has developed a knocking sound. It seems to be coming from the front right-hand side of the car, it slows down or speeds up according to the speed of the car, but it's intermittent - sometimes no knocking, sometimes quiet and occasionally very loud. There doesn't seem to be any correlation between going straight or turning, it can knock (or not) while doing either. Didn't have this noise before doing the front brakes, but can't see that I might have done something directly to cause it - any ideas please?

Turns out some comedian had undone two of the wheel nuts (diagonally opposite pair). I know they were all tight last night, and the car had only gone a mile or so this morning before the knocking started. It also looks as if someone has had a go at the roof with a brillo pad or similar, so I'm guessing it was down to human intervention rather than a mechanical issue.

Thats nasty, and criminal. Are you going to report to the police? Whats the plan to rectify the brillo damage?

Jon

brillow damage

if it's not too deep then i would use t-cut to remove the scratches .

if it's deep then i would use a tin of lacquer to re-laq it then t-cut it back to get it looking good again

but after the laq has dried off for 2-3 weeks.

i would alaso keep an eye out for the offenders

brillow damage

if it's not too deep then i would use t-cut to remove the scratches .

if it's deep then i would use a tin of lacquer to re-laq it then t-cut it back to get it looking good again

but after the laq has dried off for 2-3 weeks.

i would alaso keep an eye out for the offenders

Not to deep at all thanks, so I reckon t-cut should be fine. As to the police, I doubt they'd waste their time, and I'm not sure it would be worth mine - no witnesses and no evidence as such. Will be keeping a very close eye though!

• 2 weeks later...

Not to deep at all thanks, so I reckon t-cut should be fine. As to the police, I doubt they'd waste their time, and I'm not sure it would be worth mine - no witnesses and no evidence as such. Will be keeping a very close eye though!

Some1 used a brillo on your roof?? Seriously? Who have u offended?! Actually just thoght I would ask are you sure your wife or girlfriend hasnt been washing the car? I only ask because I was once washing my old fiesta and decided to rest the bucket on the roof (!) Little did I realise that it would cause scratches and scuffs all over the roof, didnt know what had caused it til i asked my bro what it may be Doh!!!!!!!!!!! Only asking because us ladies can be a little dense when it comes to paint work... oh just me then :P

Must add that i now know better and would certainly never make a similar error with my Ka! :)

Some1 used a brillo on your roof?? Seriously? Who have u offended?! Actually just thoght I would ask are you sure your wife or girlfriend hasnt been washing the car? I only ask because I was once washing my old fiesta and decided to rest the bucket on the roof (!) Little did I realise that it would cause scratches and scuffs all over the roof, didnt know what had caused it til i asked my bro what it may be Doh!!!!!!!!!!! Only asking because us ladies can be a little dense when it comes to paint work... oh just me then tongue.gif

Must add that i now know better and would certainly never make a similar error with my Ka! smile.gif

trying to be smart by the soundf of it !Removed! danfgerous 2 lucky for you it was 2 nuts and not 3 or 4 t cut patience than 2-3 coats of polish if its still badly dull relaquer but christ dont do it in this weather as the laquer will crack