Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Weird popped-out bumper problem

pixelprime

So I have a really odd problem with the front bumper on my C-Max. I think this may have happened as a result of someone slowly reversing into my front wing, but can't be sure. As you'll see from the pictures, the very top corner of the bumper has 'popped out' somehow, just under the driver-side headlight unit. It looks like there's some kind of plastic clip attached to the inner part of this piece of bodywork (you can see it peeking out in the photos), but I'm not sure if this is the attachment point or not. Is this something that's easy to clip back into place? I've tried pushing it back it, but it doesn't seem to be connected in this way, so maybe I have to take something else off to put this back on properly?

Any advice would be welcome, thanks!

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

That bit is just a push fit so should push in, you've got to be firm with it though.  If not, the plastic bumper support that it fits to is likely to be damaged, seen below at the end of the wing.

The bumper is pretty easy to remove assuming it's like the Focus.

IMG_20180220_104044173_HDR.thumb.jpg.a6e02914449b0c4b17f35767914e5f45.jpg

• Thanks 1

A good thump with the flat of your hand should get it to pop back into place, if not as Tom says the support has gone.

Thanks guys, I'll go give it some 'coercion' and see what happens. Failing that I'll have to get under the thing to see what state the fixing points are in.

I shall report back!

Excellent! Some gentle persuasion with the flat of my hand seemed to clip it back into place. Seems pretty solid now. Thanks for both of your help on this!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club