Do Not Sell My Personal Information

what happens if i reject my car??

sulley

hello,

i purchased a brand new KA in dec 09 and have had nothing but problems with it and im at my wits end. Its currently being investigated by Ford motors and im waiting for the car to go in to the service garage on monday, but i have been told that i have the option to reject the car. I would really like to know what this actually means (besides the obvious,)how this would affect my insurance and my finanical agreement. I am waiting for Ford to give me a response but any info from you guys would help.

thanks

hayley

hello,

i purchased a brand new KA in dec 09 and have had nothing but problems with it and im at my wits end. Its currently being investigated by Ford motors and im waiting for the car to go in to the service garage on monday, but i have been told that i have the option to reject the car. I would really like to know what this actually means (besides the obvious,)how this would affect my insurance and my finanical agreement. I am waiting for Ford to give me a response but any info from you guys would help.

thanks

hayley

What problems have u had with it? Will they not just provide u with a brand new one?

• 2 weeks later...

What problems have u had with it? Will they not just provide u with a brand new one?

the new ka just like its predecessor is not a good car they are riddled with faults some of which have existaed from the very first ka you can reject the car you will lose any finance you have paid to date but the finance agreement will be cancelled you must check if there are fees attatched to this and if so who will pay them usually its the dealer take a fiesta or summat instead and forget the ka altogether ive had 08 and o9 plates coming in time and time again from electric faults to suspension knocking not starting revving like mad or not revving at all piles of sxxt as you can tell im no fan but when youve worked on as many as i have youde see why if the new ones are anything like the old they will rust like mad and break down there are a few gems out there that will give no trouble at all and im sure a few owners will disagree with me but ive worked on many and they are just problem cars

the new ka just like its predecessor is not a good car they are riddled with faults some of which have existaed from the very first ka you can reject the car you will lose any finance you have paid to date but the finance agreement will be cancelled you must check if there are fees attatched to this and if so who will pay them usually its the dealer take a fiesta or summat instead and forget the ka altogether ive had 08 and o9 plates coming in time and time again from electric faults to suspension knocking not starting revving like mad or not revving at all piles of sxxt as you can tell im no fan but when youve worked on as many as i have youde see why if the new ones are anything like the old they will rust like mad and break down there are a few gems out there that will give no trouble at all and im sure a few owners will disagree with me but ive worked on many and they are just problem cars

artscot79 I'll agree with you that the old and new Kas both have their problems - but so have the Fiestas. Older Kas experience a lot of problems usually because they have been neglected - either mistreated or not serviced regularly. If you compare the Ka to the small cars available in the 60s, 70s and 80s, it is far less troublesome. S, P and R reg Kas are still knocking about - if they were so bad they wouldn't last that long. Revving issues usually to do with the Idle Control Valve, an easy fix. Suspension parts are very cheap for the Ka and easy to fit. Rust problems...well, the old Ka has the bodywork of a 70s car - but if its rustproofed at an early stage then this isn't a problem. The problem is that consumers bought a cheap ungalvanised car made of cheap steel and didn't get it rustproofed when they had the chance.

As for the new ones rusting - no, they are galvanised. Built on the same production line as the Fiat 500.

artscot79 I'll agree with you that the old and new Kas both have their problems - but so have the Fiestas. Older Kas experience a lot of problems usually because they have been neglected - either mistreated or not serviced regularly. If you compare the Ka to the small cars available in the 60s, 70s and 80s, it is far less troublesome. S, P and R reg Kas are still knocking about - if they were so bad they wouldn't last that long. Revving issues usually to do with the Idle Control Valve, an easy fix. Suspension parts are very cheap for the Ka and easy to fit. Rust problems...well, the old Ka has the bodywork of a 70s car - but if its rustproofed at an early stage then this isn't a problem. The problem is that consumers bought a cheap ungalvanised car made of cheap steel and didn't get it rustproofed when they had the chance.

As for the new ones rusting - no, they are galvanised. Built on the same production line as the Fiat 500.

hey my focus is galvanised thats why it was at a body shop for a rust patch yet i had a r reg punto thet had 0 rust after 10 years dont figure really i agree many are neglected but many of the new fords are clearly not checked well at the assembly line as the faults they are coming out witha re ridiculous i also agree all cars have there faults but in fairness ive never seen so many new 09 plate and 08 plate cars with faults well outnumbering any other new cars that ive had in waxoyl/underseal is relatively cheap 30 quid and the whole car could be protected if some people would get dirty and get under there but thats the way it is unfortunately since the rust patch was fixed all my doors inside have been done ourside they have clear waxoyl thats almost invisible on the bottom edges of the doors the whole undersides been done including all the liners taken off and all inside the arche setc done its simple prevention really pity they just didnt come that way

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club