Phil21185

Mk3 heated seats

Does anyone know what is involved in using an aftermarket element kit  for heated seats but tapping into the oem wiring and using the oem switches?

I ask as it was a mod I was planning to do with just some AM elements and put the switches that come with it on the seats somewhere, but now I'm heading towards upgrading to sync 2, I'd like it to be as oem as possible so it appears on the screen...

Surely it's just a case of matching the wiring between oem and am for the pos/neg and thermostat wires?

Any ideas?

53 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Does anyone know what is involved in using an aftermarket element kit  for heated seats but tapping into the oem wiring and using the oem switches?

I ask as it was a mod I was planning to do with just some AM elements and put the switches that come with it on the seats somewhere, but now I'm heading towards upgrading to sync 2, I'd like it to be as oem as possible so it appears on the screen...

Surely it's just a case of matching the wiring between oem and am for the pos/neg and thermostat wires?

Any ideas?

ive dne it on my mk2 fl titanium

i found the plugs for the seat switches behind the panel. In the passenger foot well was a plug that ha wwires from the switch plugs so i run wires from the foot well to the seats both

installed the switches then found out that i needed t run power from the fuse box to the seats both and they worked. if you use a multimeter you can work out what wires go where hth

Thanks, as long as I've got the plugs for the switches, this is what I'm hoping. Appropriate fuses are already present so there's a good chance!

5 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Thanks, as long as I've got the plugs for the switches, this is what I'm hoping. Appropriate fuses are already present so there's a good chance!

you should have the plugs as yours is a titanium mine had them and it worked looked behind the switches you might them

My Mk3 Titanium doesn't have the plugs for seat heaters, but it does for the drivers side adjustment motors.  I looked into fitting half leather TitX seats a couple of months ago.